Ayushman Bharat Eligibility
Published on Aug 10, 2020
Ayushman Bharat Eligibility
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Eligibility Criteria : The Government of India is cognizant that primary Health Care is currently focusing largely on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A) and communicable diseases.
Rural area categories
1. Households living in only one room with kucha walls and kucha roof.
2. Households with no adult member between age 16 to 59
3. Female headed households with no adult male member between age 16 to 59
4. Households having at least one disabled member and no able-bodied adult member
5. SC/ST households
6. Landless households deriving major part of their income from manual casual labour
7. Households without shelter
8. Destitute/ living on alms
9. Manual scavenger families
10. Primitive tribal groups
11. Legally released bonded labour
Urban area categories:
• Domestic workers;
• Street vendors/cobblers/hawkers/other service providers working on the streets;
• Construction workers/ plumbers/ masons/ labor/ painters/ welders/ security guards/coolies and other head-load workers;
• Sweepers/ sanitation workers/ malis;
• Home-based workers/ artisans/handicrafts workers/ tailors;
• Transport workers/ drivers/ conductors/helpers to drivers and conductors/cart pullers/ rickshaw pullers;
• Shop workers/ assistants/ peons in small establishments/ helpers/ delivery assistants / attendants/ waiters;
• Electricians/ mechanics/ assemblers/repair workers;
• Washer-men/ chowkidars;
• Other work/non-work ;
• Non-work (pension/ rent/ interest, etc.) .
What is the Hospitalisation Process?
The beneficiaries will not be required to pay any charges and premium for the hospitalisation expenses. The benefit also include pre- and post-hospitalisation expenses.
Each empanelled hospital will have an 'Ayushman Mitra' to assist patients and will coordinate with beneficiaries and the hospital. They will run a help desk, check documents to verify the eligibility, and enrolment to the scheme.
Also, all the beneficiaries will be given letters having QR codes which will be scanned and a demographic authentication will be conducted for identification and to verify his or her eligibility to avail the benefits of the scheme.
Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country and a beneficiary covered under the scheme will be allowed to take cashless benefits from any public/private empanelled hospitals across the country.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for a Beneficiary?
There is no enrolment process in AB-NHPM as it is an entitlement-based mission. Families who are identified by the government on the basis of deprivation and occupational criteria using the SECC database, both in rural and urban areas, are entitled for AB-NHPM. Currently the database is based on census for the year 2011.
A list of eligible families has been shared with the respective state governments as well as state level departments like the ANMs, BMO, and BDOs of relevant areas. A dedicated AB-NHPM family identification number will be allotted to eligible families. Only families whose name is on the list are entitled for the benefits of AB-NHPM.
Additionally, families with an active RSBY cards as of 28 February 2018 will covered. No additional new families can be added under AB-NHPM. However, names of additional family members can be added for those families whose names are already on the on the SECC list.
The official website of AB-NHPM is www.abnhpm.gov.in . One may visit the site to view and download the beneficiary eligibility and empanelled hospitals list as and when it gets updated.
Services under the scheme can be availed at all public hospitals and empaneled private health care facilities. Also, the basic empanelment criteria allows empanelment of a hospital with a minimum of 10 beds, with the flexibility providprovided to states to further relax this if required. Empanelment of the hospitals under AB-NHPM will be conducted through an online portal by the state government. Information about empaneled hospitals will be made available through different means such as government websites and mobile apps. Beneficiaries can also call the helpline number at 14555.
To control costs, the payments for treatment will be done on package rate (to be defined by the Government in advance) basis. However, hospitals with NABH/NQAS accreditation can be incentivised for higher package rates subject to procedure and costing guidelines.
AB-NHPM will be rolled out across all States/UTs in all districts with an objective to cover all the targeted beneficiaries.
Ayushman Bharat or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is National Health Protection Scheme, which will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission will subsume the on-going centrally sponsored schemes - Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).
Ayushman Bharat (AB) is an attempt to move from sectoral and segmented approach of health service delivery to a comprehensive need-based health care service. Ayushman Bharat aims to undertake path breaking interventions to holistically address health (covering prevention, promotion and ambulatory care), at primary, secondary and tertiary level. Ayushman Bharat adopts a continuum of care approach, comprising of two inter-related components.
The first component, pertains to creation of 1,50,000 Health and Wellness Centres which will bring health care closer to the homes of the people. These centres will provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care (CPHC), covering both maternal and child health services and non-communicable diseases, including free essential drugs and diagnostic services. The first Health and Wellness Centre was launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister at Jangla, Bijapur, Chhatisgarh on 14 April 2018. The second component is the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) which provides health protection cover to poor and vulnerable families. The Health and Wellness Centres will play a critical role in creating awareness about PM-JAY, screening for non-communicable diseases, follow-up of hospitalisation cases among others.
• Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission will have a defined benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
• Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country and a beneficiary covered under the scheme will be allowed to take cashless benefits from any public/private empanelled hospitals across the country.
• Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission will be an entitlement based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the SECC database.
• The beneficiaries can avail benefits in both public and empanelled private facilities.
• To control costs, the payments for treatment will be done on package rate (to be defined by the Government in advance) basis.
• One of the core principles of Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission is to co-operative federalism and flexibility to states.
• For giving policy directions and fostering coordination between Centre and States, it is proposed to set up Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission Council (AB-NHPMC) at apex level Chaired by Union Health and Family Welfare Minister.
• States would need to have State Health Agency (SHA) to implement the scheme.
• To ensure that the funds reach SHA on time, the transfer of funds from Central Government through Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission to State Health Agencies may be done through an escrow account directly.
• In partnership with NITI Aayog, a robust, modular, scalable and interoperable IT platform will be made operational which will entail a paperless, cashless transaction.
Benefits of PM-JAY
1. Government provides health insurance cover of up to Rs. 5,00,000 per family per year.
2. More than 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) covered across the country.
3. All families listed in the SECC database as per defined criteria will be covered. No cap on family size and age of members.
4. Priority to girl child, women and and senior citizens.
5. Free treatment available at all public and empaneled private hospitals in times of need.
6. Covers secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
7. 1,350 medical packages covering surgery, medical and day care treatments, cost of medicines and diagnostics.
8. All pre-existing diseases covered. Hospitals cannot deny treatment.
9. Cashless and paperless access to quality health care services.
10. Hospitals will not be allowed to charge any additional money from beneficiaries for the treatment.
11. Eligible beneificiares can avail services across India, offering benefit of national portability. Can reach out for information, assistance, complaints and grievances to a 24X7 helpline number - 14555
• Help India progressively achieve Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
• Ensure improved access and affordability, of quality secondary and tertiary care services through a combination of public hospitals and well measured strategic purchasing of services in health care deficit areas, from private care providers, especially the not-for profit providers.
• Significantly reduce out of pocket expenditure for hospitalization. Mitigate financial risk arising out of catastrophic health episodes and consequent impoverishment for poor and vulnerable families.
• Acting as a steward, align the growth of private sector with public health goals.
• Enhanced used to of evidence based health care and cost control for improved health outcomes.
• Strengthen public health care systems through infusion of insurance revenues.
• Enable creation of new health infrastructure in rural, remote and under-served areas.
• Increase health expenditure by Government as a percentage of GDP.
• Enhanced patient satisfaction. • Improved health outcomes.
• Improvement in population-level productivity and efficiency
• Improved quality of life for the population
How to Check Eligibility
1. Go to NHA portal and Log in to mera.pmjay.gov.in
2. Enter your mobile number and captcha code.
3. A one-time password will be sent to your mobile number.
4. After entering the OTP, you will be taken to this screen.
5. Select the state: Fill all the fields like name, mobile number, ration card number, or Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna URN number.
6. If your name is there in the list, it will show up on the right-hand side of the page.
7. Click on 'Family Members' tab to find the beneficiary details
• Respective special category certificates
• Age proof documents
• Family structure
• Identification details
• Contact information
• Scanned copy of Aadhar
• Income certificate
• Caste certificate
RSBY was launched in the year 2008 by the Ministry of Labour and Employment and provides cashless health insurance scheme with benefit coverage of Rs. 30.000/- per annum on a family floater basis [for 5 members], for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, and 11 other defined categories of unorganised workers. To integrate RSBY into the health system and make it a part of the comprehensive health care vision of Government of India, RSBY was transferred to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) w.e.f 01.04.2015. During 2016-2017, 3.63 crore families were covered under RSBY in 278 districts of the country and they could avail medical treatment across the network of 8,697 empanelled hospitals. The NHPS comes in the backdrop of the fact that various Central Ministries and State/UT Governments have launched health insurance/ protection schemes for their own defined set of beneficiaries. There is a critical need to converge these schemes, so as to achieve improved efficiency, reach and coverage.
Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) - Scheme Details,
My Adsense Earnings not Updating in my Earnings Page - Top Reasons,
Atal Pension Yojana (APY),
Ayushman Bharat Card- Scheme Details, Eligibility, Registration,
Ayushman Bharat Eligibility Criteria,
Ayushman Bharat Registration Apply Online,
Ayushman Bharat Scheme in Kerala,
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Card Hospital List 2019 2020,
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Get Free Registration 2019 2020,
Boxing Day Stickers for Whatsapp and Facebook 2018,
Buy Kerala Lottery Online thru Speed Post or Courier - Purchase Lotteries,
Chardham-Highway Project - Status, Completion, UPSC, PIB,
Which Bank Gives the Cheapest Personal Loan in India?,
LIVE : 10.2.20 Christmas New Year Bumper 2019 2020 BR 71 Kerala Lottery Results,
Christmas Stickers for Whatsapp and Facebook 2019 - Apps on Google Play,
Can we get a Darshan ticket in Tirupati? Can we go directly in Tirumala?,
Guidelines For Home Quarantine India : Prevention of CoronaVirus COVID-19 Virus,
Happy Birthday Stickers for Whatsapp and Facebook,
Herbal Sanitizer Formulation : Prevention of COVID-19 Coronavirus,
How to Book Ticket for Arjita Brahmotsavam Online for Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams,
How to Book Ticket for Kalyanotsavam Online for Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams,
How to Book Ticket for Sahasra Deepalankara Seva Online for Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams,
How to Book Ticket for Special Entry Darshan Online for Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams,
How to Book Ticket for Darshan Online for Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams,
How to Book Accommodation Rooms Online for Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams,
How to Book Ticket for Unjal Seva Online for Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams,
How to Book Ticket for Vasantotsavam Online for Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams,
How to Book Ticket for Vishesha Pooja Online for Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams,
How To Make Sanitizer Spray : Prevention of COVID-19 Coronavirus,
How to Register Sabarimala Virtual Queue Q 2019 2020
LIVE Kerala Lottery Result : Sthree Sakthi Lotteries Today,
LIVE Kerala Lottery Result : Win Win Lotteries Today WinWin,
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi - 2019 Eligibility Criteria,
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana 2019 Application Form PDF,
Malayalam Keyboard Typing for Whatsapp and Facebook: Manglish Typing,
Malayalam Stickers for Whatsapp - SMS, Quotes and Status,
Mudra Loan Eligibility PMMY,
Mudra Loan Interest Rate,
Chaitra Navratri 2020 Date in Indian or English Calendar, Colours List,
Navratri 2020 Date and Colours List : October 17 to 26 Each Day Colour,
Happy New Year 2019 Whatsapp and Facebook Stickers,
Happy New Year 2020 Whatsapp and Facebook Stickers - Apps on Google Play,
Payment Cancelled - You have cancelled the Payment,
Payment Failed - Your Payment for the Lottery is Failed,
Payment Successful - Thanks for making the payment,
Personal Loans for Self Employed With No Proof of Income in India,
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) Application Status,
PMJAY CSC Cloud Logout : pmjay.gov in : PMSYM,
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY),
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin List 2018,
Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Yojana PMJAY 2019 2020 Sarkari DNA,
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana - PM-Kisan Scheme,
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Form in Hindi and English,
Preparation of a Poly Herbal Hand Sanitizer : Prevention of COVID-19 Coronavirus,
Private Accommodation in Tirumala Online Booking - Accommodations, Food and Darshan,
Happy Republic Day Stickers 2020 for Whatsapp and Facebook,
Sabarimala Accommodation- Online Booking, Rooms at Pampa Sannidhanam,
Sabarimala Q Darshan Virtual Queue Online Booking 2019 2020,
Sabarimala Temple Opening Closing Dates 2019 2020 - Temple Calendar,
Sabarimala Vazhipadu Rates List, Online Booking Vazhipadukal
Sabarimala Virtual Q Booking Opening Date 2019 2020,
Sabarimala Virtual Queue Booking Online 2019 2020,
Happy Sankranti, Pongal, Lohri Greetings 2020 for Whatsapp,
Statue of Unity - Images, Cost, Location Map, Construction,
Statue of Unity - Tickets and Booking Online,
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Post Office,
Thiruvairanikkulam Temple Virtual Queue Booking Online 2019 2020 - Book Now,
Tirumala Accommodation Online Booking Srinivasam - Accommodations, Food and Darshan,
Tirumala Darshan Ticket Counters in Tirupati Online Booking,
Tirumala Room Booking Online Near Temple - Accommodations, Food and Darshan,
Tirumala Seva Availability Chart - Seva | Process | Timings | Dress Code,
Tirumala Suprabhatam Darshan Online Booking : Suprabatha Seva and Online Booking Date,
Tirumala Suprabhatam Dress Code - Seva | Process | Timings | Dress Code,
Tirumala Suprabhatam Seva Tickets Price - Seva | Process | Timings | Dress Code,
Tirupati Darshan Without Online Booking : Steps to get the Tickets,
Top 10 Apps, Trends, Free Games, Popular Apps and Books,
TTD Kalyanam Tickets Availability Chart 2020 - How to Book Tickets for Kalyanotsavom,
TTD Kalyanotsavam Tickets Availability Chart 2020 - Seva | Process | Timings | Dress Code,
TTD Seva Lucky Electronic Dip Registration Results for Suprabatha Seva and Online Booking Date,
TTD Suprabhata Seva Tickets Availability 2020 : Suprabatha Seva and Online Booking Date,
Upcoming Infrastructure Projects by Modi in India 2019 2020,
Happy Valentines Day Stickers 2020 for Whatsapp and Facebook,
Where to Get 300 Rs Ticket In Tirupati - Steps to get the Tickets,
LIVE Kerala Lottery Result : Akshaya Lotteries Today,
LIVE Kerala Lottery Result : Karunya Lotteries Today,
LIVE Kerala Lottery Result : Karunya Plus Lotteries Today,
LIVE Kerala Lottery Result : Nirmal Weekly Lotteries Today,
Kerala Lottery Sambad Result,
Kerala Lottery Tickets Results Today Live,
Kerala Lottery Unsold Tickets Number Today
Kerala Lottery Winning Number Tricks,
Kerala Lottery Yesterday Results Numbers,
Kerala State Lotteries Result Live Today,
Lottery Result Today Kerala Lottery Result Today,
www.Kerala Lottery Result Today Last 3 Numbers,
Kerala Lottery Result Today Guessing Numbers,
Kerala Lottery Guessing Today Last 3 Number,
2019 2020 Kerala Lottery Result Chart Download Weekly,
Kerala Lottery Results Today Live Results Today,
LIVE : 2.6.20 Pournami RN 435 Kerala Lottery Results,
LIVE Kerala Lottery Result : Pournami Lotteries Today,
LIVE: Kerala Lottery Result 2.6.20 Pournami RN 435 Today,
Kerala Lottery Daily Result 2.6.20 Pournami RN 435,
Ennatha Kerala Lottery Result Malayalam Bhagyakuri,
Innathe Innalathey Kerala Lottery Result,
Kerala Lottery Aaj Ka Result Tarika Number Chahiye,
Kerala Lottery Agency,
Kerala Lottery Agent Commission Prize Tax as on March 2020,
Kerala Lottery A to Z,
Kerala Lottery Bhagyakuri Results Today Live,
Kerala Lottery Confirm Number Winning and Guessing,
Kerala Lottery Evening Result Live Today,
Kerala Lottery First Prize Number List Today,
Kerala Lottery Innathe Phalam,
Kerala Lottery Online Results Today Live
TN Result Date of 12th Class 2020,
tn result.com HSC Result 2020,
TN Result App Download,
TN Board Results 12th Exam,
tnresults.nic.in 12th Result 2020 Date,
www.tnresults.nic.in 2020 12th Results,
dge.tn.gov.in Result 2020 12th,
TN 12th Results 2020,
tnresults.nic.in 12th Result 2020,
tn.nic.in 2020 12th Result,
dge1.tn.nic.in 2020 12th Result,
www.dge.tn.nic.in 2020 Result,
TN 12th Public Result 2020 Date & Time,
Tamilnadu TN 12th Result 2020 District Wise,
Tamilnadu TN 12th Result 2020 Topper List,
Tamilnadu TN 12th Result 2020 School Wise,
Tamilnadu TN 12th Result 2020 Name Wise,
TN Result without Date of Birth,
TN Result Tamil Nadu Plus Two Result 2020,
TN Result Plus Two Result 2020,
TN Result Marksheet 2020,
TN HSC Result 2020 Websites,
tn result.gov.nic.in 12th Class 2020,
tn result.edu.in 12th Class 2020