Norka Covid Support : Norka Roots & Kerala Pravasi Welfare Fund will provide emergency aid to expats. Rs 1000 will be given to pensioners who are members of the Pravasi Welfare Fund. This emergency help is in addition to their usual pension amount. A total of 15,000 expats will be benefited from this. Rs 10,000 will be given as emergency aid for COVID -19 patients who are members of the Welfare Fund.
Special flights is being planned by the centre to bring back Indians who have been stranded abroad due to the cancellation of international flights in the wake of coronavirus pandemic. Cabinet secretary Rajiv Gauba on Friday April 24 requested state governments to make arrangements for hospital beds and quarantine zones for the Indian nationals who will be brought back in special flights after the national lockdown ends.
The external affairs ministry is already formulating plans to make an assessment of the people who want to return to India. Officials estimate that the assessment will not only include the stranded Indians but others who wish to come back too. For instance, as per one estimate in the government, Kerala alone expects 1,00,000 expats to come back, for a visit to meet their family if not for a longer duration when the flights start operating. The other states that expect a huge inflow of citizens abroad are Delhi, Maharashtra, Punjab, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and Tamil Nadu, the report stated. A separate control room is being set up within MEA for the same purpose.
Our country is doing all its security and waiting for the central clearance to accept the expatriates returning home. NORKA is introducing a registration system for this purpose. It is important to note this is not for the airline tickets booking or to get discounts. The Center has been asked to give priority to pregnant women, children, the elderly and those who have lost visas.
Those who have decided to come, register their name at the NORKA portal https://www.registernorkaroots.org/
The priority list was already announced by the government and guidelines was issued. First chance is given for those who came abroad on visiting visa and then to those whoes visa expired. Then senior citizens, pregnant women and patients with diseases other than COVID-19 are prioritised.
The Indians stuck in foreign countries will be brought home in chartered flights. The survey of those who want to return is under progress. Every expat will be brought to the airport which is nearest to their residence. They will be allowed to go home only after quarantine period. The Chief secretaries are directed to make arrangements for this.
3. Then enter the Age, Date of Birth, Permanent Address and residing Country
4. After that enter the Phone Number and email address.
5. After entering all this you will get to the next page.
6. There you have to enter Employment Details, Visa Type, Date of Expiry.
7. Then you have to enter reason for return.
8. Next you have to mention whether you have done Covid Tests. If yes you have to attach the test results.
9. Then enter the Departure Airport, Destination and Date of Travel.
10. Lastly after clicking Next you will get the Summary Page where you will have all your entered details.
11. Cross Check the Details once again and the click Submit .
12. Now the Registration is Complete.
13. For Enquiries please contact International Toll - Free : 0091 8802 012345
Doctor's Service on Phone only for Pravasis
1) General Medicine and Diabetology
Dr. Harikrishnan R, Additional Professor Medicine, Trivandrum Medical College : - 0091 9447220191/0091 9400055588, Dr. V Abdul Jaleel (0091 7025390438)
2) General Surgeon
Dr. K V Viswanathan, Prof. Surgery, TMC / Dr. Sreekanth, Senior Surgeon, GH, Trivandrum : - (0091 9387805634/0091 9447020540), Dr. Harris Mohammed Paravengal (0091 9605333666), Dr. Abid Ali (0091 9562150001), Dr. Sadath Pareed (0091 9544402255), Dr. Mujeeb Rahman MD (0091 9895037324, Dr. N Muhammedali (0091 9447676916)
Dr. Anupama R- Consultant Gynaecologist, Trvandrum
- 0091 9495957953/0091 8547927982
Dr. Riyas I, Additional Professor Paediatrics, SAT Hospital :
- (0091 9447150183), Dr. Anzar (0091 9946217676)
Dr. S Benoy, Additional Professor Orthopaedics, TMC :
- 0091 9447207536/0091 9446206619, Dr. Muhsin C H (0091 9400786001), Dr. fawaz Mohammed Manu (0091 7511115777), Dr. Dilshad Bin Mohamed (0091 9895161565)
Dr. John Panicker, ENT Consultant, Trivandrum :- (0091 9388233606 / 0091 9895343471), Dr. Mohammed Riyas K T (0091 9449039365), Dr. Sandeep (0091 9447337793), Dr Abdulla Anchukandan (0091 9496344638)
The temple will open in only a few days of the year, and every month only six days the temple will be open. From November to January, it is free for devotee’s every day, and this is the time where many visit the temple. In November it begins with Mandala Pooja and ends in January with Makara Jyothi. The temple is open on some special occasions like Onnam, Thulam Pooja, Kanni Monthly Pooja, Monthly poojas like karkkidam, Mdhunam.
Throughout the year in some particular days sabarimala temple will be open. Normally every month 6 days Temple will be open perhaps from November to January 3 months temple will be open every day. In that period of time most of the pilgrims around the world visited to the shrine. Local Festivals Temple will be open. In the November month will be begin with Mandala Pooja and ends in the month of January with Makara Jyothi.
1. Ministry of External Affairs has already established a functional helpline for
coordination on COVID-19, which has been functioning 24x7 at South Block.
2. The telephone numbers of the Control Room are 1800118797 (toll free),
+91-11-23012113, +91-11- 23014104 'and +91-11-23017905, Fax number -
+91-11- 23018158 and email: email@example.com