PM SYM Pension : Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana
Published on May 29, 2020
PM SYM Pension : Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana
PM SYM Pension : Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan (PMSYM) is a 2019 scheme introduced by Government of India for poor laborers in the unorganised sector from minimum 18years of age to maximum 40 years. Under the scheme, a monthly pension of ₹3,000 (US$42) per month is provided to workers in the unorganised sector over 60 years of age. However, to benefit from the scheme, workers have to contribute ₹55 monthly (for age 18) and it varies according to age. Maximum contribution for a year cannot exceed ₹2400 (Rs.200 per month).
Informal workers can now subscribe to the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PMSYM) scheme, which provides an assured monthly pension of Rs 3,000, at 3.13 lakh common service centres (CSCs) across the country. “CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd, a special purpose vehicle (SPV) under the Ministry of Electronics and IT, has begun the registration process for the PMSYM scheme, covering unorganised sector workers of age between 18 and 40 years, making them eligible for a minimum monthly pension of Rs 3,000 after the age of 60 in lieu of contributions made under the scheme,” an official said.
• Should be an unorganised worker
• Entry age between 18 and 40 years
• Monthly Income Rs 15000 or below
Should not be
• Engaged in Organized Sector or with membership of EPF/NPS/ESIC
• An income tax payer
He/ She should possess
1. Aadhar card
2. Savings Bank Account / Jan Dhan account number with IFSC
(1) This Scheme shall be open only to the unorganised worker for joining, whose monthly income is not exceeding fifteen thousand rupees and who has a savings bank account in his name and Aadhar number.
(2) The unorganised worker referred to in sub-paragraph shall be not less than eighteen years of age and not exceeding forty years of age.
(3) The unorganised worker referred to in sub-paragraph (1) shall not be eligible to join the Scheme, if he is covered under National Pension Scheme contributed by the Central Government or Employees’ State Insurance Corporation Scheme under the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 (34 of 1948) or Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme under the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 (19 of 1952) or he is an income-tax assessee.
1. Interested eligible person shall visit nearest CSC centre. Location of CSC centre can be ascertained from the information page on web sites of LIC of India, Ministry of Labour and Employment and CSC.
2. While going to CSC for enrolment, he shall carry with him the following :
I. Aadhar Card
II. Savings/Jan Dhan Bank Account details along with IFS Code ( Bank Passbook or Cheque Leave/book or copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account )
III. Initial contribution amount in cash for enrolment under the scheme
3. Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE) present at the CSC will key-in aadhar number, name of subscriber as printed on aadhar card and date of birth as given in aadhar card and the same will be verified with UIDAI database.
4. Further details like Bank Account details, Mobile Number, Email-id, if any, spouse and nominee details will be captured.
5. Self-certification for eligibility conditions will be done.
6. System will auto calculate monthly contribution payable according to age of the subscriber.
7. Subscriber shall also pay the amount of 1st subscription in cash to the VLE who will generate receipt to be handed over to the subscriber.
8. Enrolment Form cum Auto Debit mandate will also be printed which will then be signed by the subscriber. VLE then shall scan the signed enrolment cum auto debit mandate and upload into the system.
9. At the same time, a unique Shram Yogi Pension Account Number will be generated and Shram Yogi Card will be printed at CSC
10. With completion of process, subscriber will be having with him Shram Yogi Card and signed copy of enrolment form for his record.
11. He will also receive regularly SMS on activation of auto debit and Shram Yogi Pension Account details.
Being implemented by the labour ministry, the ambitious social security scheme was announced by Finance Minister Piyush Goyal in the Interim Budget 2019-20 and is targeted at unorganised sector workers with monthly income of up to Rs 15,000. The target is to cover 10 crore informal sector workers in five years. The government has roped in CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd for mobilising and registering beneficiaries across India. The SPV has a network of over 3.13 lakh CSCs across India. “Of these 3.13 lakh CSCs, over 2.13 lakh are operating at the gram panchayat level. With such a reach, CSC is the perfect partner for us to ensure that the scheme covers all needy people, particularly those living in rural and semi-urban areas,” the official said. The enrolment will be carried out by all the CSCs.
The unorganised workers may visit their nearest CSC along with their Aadhaar cards and savings bank account or Jan Dhan account passbooks and get registered themselves for the scheme. Contribution amount for the first month shall be paid in cash for which they will be provided with a receipt. CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd has prepared an application form for PMSYM and is also hosting it to ensure that the entire registration process and data collection takes place in a smooth manner. It will also issue cards having unique ID number to all those who registers under the scheme. CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd is the exclusive partner of the labour ministry in implementing the scheme. CSCs, which also work as banking correspondents for several banks in remote and rural locations, will also help those willing to enrol under PMSYM to open bank accounts at the CSC without going to bank branches. “At a later stage, the ministry is also looking at enrolling people through PMSYM’s web portal or can download the mobile app and self-register using Aadhaar number/savings bank account/ Jan Dhan account number on self-certification basis,” the official said.
The monthly contribution by the worker joining the scheme at 18 years of age would be Rs 55, with matching contributions from the government. The contributions would rise at higher age. The worker joining the scheme at the age of 40 years would contribute Rs 200, while workers at the age of 29 years would pay Rs 100. The scheme would cover unorganised workers who are working or engaged as home-based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washer men, rickshaw pullers, landless labourers, agricultural workers and construction workers, among others. However, the informal workers will not be eligible for the scheme if they are covered under the National Pension Scheme, the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation Scheme or the Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator Chart,
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi 2020,
PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana,
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Online Registration,
pmkisan gov in Beneficiary,
ysr rythu bharosa. ap. government. in,
pmkishan.gov.in Status Chec,
pmkisan govt .in,
www pmkisan .gov .in,
pmkisan.gov.in 2020 List,
PMSYM Agent Registration,
pmsym gov in,
How to Apply PMSYM,
PM SYM Pension,
PMSYM Scheme in Tamil,
pmsym. csccloud. in,
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Review,
PM Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2020,
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Pathakam,
Post Office Saving Schemes,
Balika Samridhi Yojana,
PPF Calculator SBI,
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rate 2020-21,
Sukanya Samriddhi Calculator 2020