GUIDELINES - COVID 19 VACCINATION PLANNING AND CONDUCT
The country and the state is witnessing a rapid surge in COVID cases, which in turn has resulted in an increased vaccine eagerness among public leading to crowding and violation of COVID protocol at many covid vaccination centres. This can be counterproductive. Hence it is instructed to implement the following guidelines for the conduct of Covid Vaccination sessions
1. From 22nd April2021 onwards, all vaccinations both 1st dose as well as 2nd dose will be through prior online booking only. There will be no spot registration. The issuance of tokens at Public as well as Private CVCs to be done only for the public who have come with prior registration in the specified time slot to do a queue management. Public must be made aware of this through print and social media.
2. Districts shall facilitate online registration for those in the priority groups who needs support in registration through Government Departments, Akshaya centres, voluntary organisations etc.
3. Districts shall also ensure that all CVCs- Public and private, schedule the sessions well in advance in CoWIN based on the availability of vaccine, so that slots are available for online booking and upon arrival of the people have done bookinq the vaccination is done.
4. Vaccination sessions shall be conducted following COVID protocol. Crowding at the CVC must be avoided. Social distancing and usage of mask while in the CVC must be strictly ensured. Facility for handwashing/ Sanitiser must also be made available at the centre.
5. Districts shall do proper planning regarding the CVC providing Covishield and Covivax and give information in advance to all to enable to plan their first! second dosage.
6. All efforts shall be taken to ensure that vaccination of citizens > 45 years, including second dose, are completed in a time bound manner,