Christmas Essay Introduction : Merry Christmas, an astonishing word mostly listened around the time of Christmas. Every word has an ethnic meaning. The word Merry is simple to define, it indisputably means to be light-hearted and joyful.
Merry Christmas, an international holiday when all the people respite from their work and get a chance to cheer the party of Merry Christmas 2020. There are a number of ways to send Christmas Wishes. Some prefer to send messages through mobile phones, some like sharing the Christmas Wishes and post them on the Twitter and Facebook timelines of their loved ones and closed ones.
Christmas is a festival of the Christian faith that marks the birth of Jesus Christ, the son of God. It is one of the widely celebrated global festivals. It is celebrated on the 25th of December by billions of people. It is celebrated by both Christians and non-Christians as a cultural festival and is central to the holiday season that comes by in December. It marks a season of happiness, joy and sharing.
The history behind Christmas goes the gospels of Luke and Mathew which describe the story of the Birth of Jesus Christ. He was born in Bethlehem and is proclaimed to be the saviour of all people. The scene of his birth also known as the Nativity is recreated using figurines in many households and places of worship. This is one of the important religious symbols associated with Christmas.
The other Christmas traditions include the Christmas tree, exchanging presents and so on. Houses are decorated in beautiful colours of red, white and green using wreaths, Christmas trees, lights and stars. The Christmas tree is decorated with various ornaments such as bells, stars and lights. These are elements of excitement associated with Christmas.
The legend of the Santa Claus is a tradition associated with Christmas. The Santa Claus is said to bring presents for children that are made using the help of his elves. People dress up as Santa Claus to distribute gifts to children. Exchange of gifts around the Christmas is a way of bringing in joy and expresses the spirit of sharing. Music carols and church sermons are other religious traditions associated with Christmas.
Christmas is a widely celebrated festival across the world. The arte several elements and traditions of happiness associated with it. It comes along with a spirit of happiness that us gives the entire season. It is an occasion for families to get together. Keeping up the spirits of the season by spreading through charity and helping other can be another innovative tradition that we could all include into our Christmas
Why We Celebrate Christmas on the 25th Dec
1. The early Roman calendar records December 25th as the holiday when the birth of Jesus was to be honored.
2. Emperor Constantine who was the first Christian Roman emperor converted to Christianity and made Christianity the favored religion hence the establishment of days it came with.
3. Pope Julius declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on the 25th This therefore became the official date.
4. Mary is believed to have received news of pregnancy on the 25th of march and nine months later is expected to be the 25th of December
5. Jesus was a Jew hence the early church chose December the 25th for the date of Christmas.
6. People wanted different days to celebrate the facts on the revelation that Jesus was the son of God and his birth date.
7. Christians believe that Jesus is the light of the world hence the 25th of December was the right time to celebrate the birth of Jesus.
How is Christmas celebrated
Christmas is celebrated by doing the following:
• Giving and receiving gifts to friends and family.
• Singing Christmas songs at home and in church or ay social gatherings.
• Christmas tree fun activities.
• Sharing special meals with friends and family.
• Playing in snow and ice having worn warm clothes.
• Visiting friends and family to celebrate and have fun together.
• Going to places of fun like ice skating stadiums.
Which people celebrate Christmas?
Christmas is a festival for Christians. It is celebrated mostly by people who believe in the birth of Jesus, in Him and in the fact that He is the son of God. Christians are spread all across the world with varying numbers from country to country. Other religions however also recognize this day by taking part in their own celebrations and staying free from work. This is because it has grown to become a world holiday.
Merry Christmas Images
Merry Christmas 2020 Wishes For Facebook & WhatsApp
Christmas is the occasion which comes in Winter Season which is also considered as the official holiday and after the exact five days, people welcome the New Year. Christmas is the universal festival just like New Year where all the people come together. Like to do shopping, arranges parties, dance, drink wines, champagne, and soft drinks and enjoy the occasion, they decorate the Christmas Trees and celebrate Christmas by saying each other Christmas Quotes
The Merry Christmas Wishes are herein in the form of the best collection that includes Funny Christmas Wishes For Friends, Christmas wishes for family and so on. If you have someone special in your life and want to send the best Christmas wishes to her/him, you will get Merry Christmas Wishes for girlfriend/boyfriend here. Do not forget to involve your feelings into the Xmas Wishes 2020 that you can just copy and paste for forwarding them to your loved ones.
Grab the wonderful Merry Christmas Wishes 2020 along with merry Christmas images that will help you to add more flavor in your emotions. Keep visiting here for the latest collection of Christmas Wishes 2020.