www.huntington.com Activate Debit Card : How to Activate a Huntington Debit Card Online
You just received your new Huntington debit card but before you can start using it, you need to activate it. There are a few different ways you can do this – online, on the phone, or in-person at any Huntington branch. After your debit card activation is complete, you can make purchases, pay bills, and withdraw cash or make deposits at ATMs.
How to activate a debit card online.
Activating your debit card can be done in a few easy steps.
- To activate online, simply visit huntington.com and log into your account.
- Select the Customer Service tab at the top.
- Select Card Services and click Activate My Debit Card.
- Then enter the three-digit security code on the back of your debit card and click Activate.
How to activate a debit card on your phone.
You can also activate your debit card by using your phone. You can either use the Huntington Mobile app on your mobile phone or call (800) 480-2265, daily 6:00 a.m. to midnight ET.
- To activate your new card using your phone, open the Huntington Mobile app and log in.
- Click More, then click Manage Cards and select your card.
- Enter the three-digit security code on the back of your card and click Activate.
Other ways to activate a debit card.
If you prefer, you can also activate your debit card by visiting any Huntington ATM location, visiting a branch, or by using your card and PIN to make a purchase.
How to use a debit card: Online, ATM & Chip
Debit cards make any type of purchase quick and easy. In today’s digital world, debit cards are accepted at the majority of retailers making it extremely convenient for customers. You can use your debit card in stores, online and at ATMs.
How to use a debit card online
If you’re looking to purchase something online, a debit card makes it easy.
- Visit your favorite online retailer and shop as usual.
- When you’re ready to check out, enter in your debit card information when prompted just like you would with a credit card.
- Enter in your debit card number, expiration date and CVV code. The CVV code is the 3 number code on the back of the card.
- The final step is to enter your billing address to confirm you are authorized to use the debit card.
Be cautious with making purchases online by verifying the website is reputable, secure and trusted.
Using a debit card at an ATM
To easily withdraw from or deposit cash to your checking account, you can use your debit card at an ATM. The first thing you need to do is insert your debit card into the ATM. Next, for security purposes, you will be prompted to enter the PIN number you chose for the card. You can either withdraw cash, deposit a check or cash, transfer money, or view your balance. After you’re finished with the transaction, be sure to take both your debit card and receipt with you.
What is an EMV chip?
An EMV chip is a computer chip in your debit or credit card that provides an extra layer of security. When you make a transaction using the EMV chip, the purchase is authenticated with a computer chip using a unique transaction code. Magnetic strips that were used on older credit and debit cards use unchanging data that can be more easily replicated. Large scale use of EMV chips makes payments more secure and fraud more difficult. This debit card chip will ensure your personal and account information is kept as safe as possible.
To use your EMV chip in stores, insert your card into the chip reader. Some retailers may not have an updated chip reader yet. In that case, swipe your card through the magnetic strip.