Spectrum Mobile Activate : Activate your Spectrum Mobile Modem Online
Before attempting to activate your receiver, please leave it powered on and connected to the cable outlet for 15 minutes.
After you’ve connected your receiver to your TV, you’ll need to activate it to complete the installation. If you’re using more than one receiver, please connect each one to a TV before activating. All of your receivers will be activated at the same time.
You’ll need to enter your account number or the phone number listed on your Spectrum account to begin the activation process.
- Activate your receiver online.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to start watching TV.
How to Self-Install a Modem on the Spectrum Network
- Activate a Spectrum modem for new Internet service
- Activate a Spectrum modem as a replacement for an existing modem
- Activate your own modem
Before You Begin
Make sure you have the following equipment. If you use a Spectrum modem, the following items are included in your self-installation kit:
- Coaxial cable
- Ethernet cable
- Power cord
Step 1: Connect Modem
- Connect one end of the coax cable to a cable wall outlet, and then connect the other end to the modem.
- Connect the power cord to the modem, and then plug the other end into an electrical outlet.
- Note: If you’re replacing an existing modem, unplug the old modem from the electrical outlet, and then simply move the coax cable from the old modem to the new modem. Then, connect the new modem to the electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Online status light on the front of the modem to turn from flashing to solid. This usually takes about two to five minutes, but may take up to 20 minutes if your modem needs a firmware update. When the status light turns solid, you’ll know your modem is updated and connected.
Step 2: Connect Modem to Computer or WiFi Router.
Connect the Ethernet cable to the modem and then connect the other end to your computer or the Internet port on the back of your router.
Step 3: Activate Modem Online
Visit spectrum.net/selfinstall from your smartphone or computer and follow the instructions.