https //shawdirect.ca/myaccount activate :
DID YOU KNOW?
For the connection to the satellite dish, RG6 coaxial cable is recommended. For the connection to the TV, HDMI provides the best audio and video quality in a single cable and should be used wherever possible.
HOW TO CONNECT YOUR RECEIVER
Your receiver needs to be connected to the satellite dish and to the TV. Make sure to locate the coaxial cables coming from the satellite dish in the room where you are connecting and activating the receiver first.
- Connect the coaxial cables from your satellite dish to the SAT IN port on your receiver, making sure that the connection is secure.
- Note: HDPVRs require two coaxial cable connections from your dish.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your receiver and the HDMI port on your TV.
- You may also use RCA, component, or composite cables if your TV does not support HD.
- Ensure that your TV is set to the same input to which you connected the cable; for example, HDMI1 versus HDMI2.
- Connect the power cable to the receiver and an electrical outlet and wait one minute.
- Turn on your receiver.
- If you have a blue or black screen, or you see a “No Signal” message, your TV might be on the wrong input. To troubleshoot this, refer to this page.
- If you have a message that says “Receiver has lost satellite signal”, verify your connection to the SAT IN port before continuing.
- You are now ready to activate your receiver. To do so, follow the instructions below.
The first time your receiver is turned on, you’ll be asked to go through a short initial setup process. This setup feature will optimize the receiver settings based on your TV type. On-screen and Guide preferences can be changed at any time by pressing “OPTIONS” on your remote and then selecting “Preferences”.
- Select whether you would like your on-screen menus in English or French
- This will not affect the language of TV programs
- Select the type of TV your receiver is connected to:
- SDTV (CRT): largest on-screen text, 6 rows of Guide data, with no channel logos displayed.
- HDTV Small: medium text, 6 rows of Guide data, and channel logos displayed.
- HDTV Large: small text, 8 rows of Guide data, and channel logos displayed.
Note: HDTV Large displays the most information within the Guide view, but the text will be smaller to offer the additional information.
- 8xx series receivers only: Select if you would like to setup WiFi on your receiver
- If you choose to skip this step, you can setup WIFi later by pressing the “Options” button on your remote control and selecting “WiFi Setup”.
- Proceed with an LNB Type scan. Press OK to start the scan.
- You will get an alert to activate your receiver.
HOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR RECEIVER
If this satellite receiver was purchased from Shaw Direct, you can proceed with activation:
- Go to my.shawdirect.ca and log in with your Shaw ID.
- Click “Manage TV” on your left and scroll down to the “Activate Receiver” box.
- Click the “Activate receiver” button and follow the steps.