Published on Jun 23, 2022
Blue brain " -The name of the world's first virtual brain. That means a machine that can function as human brain. Today scientists are in research to create an artificial brain that can think, response, take decision, and keep anything in memory. The main aim is to upload human brain into machine. So that man can think, take decision without any effort.
After the death of the body, the virtual brain will act as the man .So, even after the death of a person we will not loose the knowledge, intelligence, personalities, feelings and memories of that man that can be used for the development of the human society.
No one has ever understood the complexity of human brain. It is complex than any circuitry in the world. So, question may arise "Is it really possible to create a human brain?" The answer is "Yes". Because what ever man has created today always he has followed the nature. When man does not have a device called computer, it was a big question for all .But today it is possible due to the technology. Technology is growing faster than every thing. IBM is now in research to create a virtual brain. It is called "Blue brain ".If possible, this would be the first virtual brain of the world.
How it is possible?
First, it is helpful to describe the basic manners in which a person may be uploaded into a computer. Raymond Kurzweil recently provided an interesting paper on this topic. In it, he describes both invasive and noninvasive techniques. The most promising is the use of very small robots, or nanobots. These robots will be small enough to travel throughout our circulatory
systems. Traveling into the spine and brain, they will be able to monitor the activity and structure of our central nervous system. They will be able to provide an interface with computers that is as close as our mind can be while we still reside in our biological form. Nanobots could also carefully scan the structure of our brain, providing a complete readout of the connections between each neuron. They would also record the current state of the brain. This information , when entered into a computer, could then continue to function as us.
All that is required is a computer with large enough storage space and processing power. Is the pattern and state of neuron connections in our brain truly all that makes up our conscious selves? Many people believe firmly those we posses a soul, while some very technical people believe that quantum forces contribute to our awareness. But we have to now think technically. Note, however, that we need not know how the brain actually functions, to transfer it to a computer. We need only know the media and contents. The actual mystery of how we achieved consciousness in the first place, or how we maintain it, is a separate discussion.
Uploading human brain:
The uploading is possible by the use of small robots known as the Nanobots . These robots are small enough to travel through out our circulatory system. Traveling into the spine and brain, they will be able to monitor the activity and structure of our central nervous system. They will be able to provide an interface with computers that is as close as our mind can be while we still reside in our biological form. Nanobots could also carefully scan the structure of our brain, providing a complete readout of the connections. This information, when entered into a computer, could then continue to function as us. Thus the data stored in the entire brain will be uploaded into the computer.
ADVANTAGES AND LIMITATION
1. We can remember things without any effort.
2. Decision can be made without the presence of a person.
3. Even after the death of a man his intelligence can be used.
4. The activity of different animals can be understood. That means by interpretation of the electric impulses from the brain of the animals, their thinking can be understood easily.
5. It would allow the deaf to hear via direct nerve stimulation, and also be helpful for many psychological diseases. By down loading the contents of the brain that was uploaded into the computer, the man can get rid from the mad ness.
Further, there are many new dangers these technologies will open. We will be susceptible to new forms of harm.
1. We become dependent upon the computer systems.
2. Others may use technical knowledge against us
3. Computer viruses will pose an increasingly critical threat.
4. The real threat, however, is the fear that people will have of new technologies. That fear may culminate in a large resistance. Clear evidence of this type of fear is found today with respect to human cloning.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIRMENT
1. A super computer.
2. Memory with a very large storing capacity.
3. Processor with a very high processing power.
4. A very wide network.
5. A program to convert the electric impulses from the brain to input signal, which is to be received by the computer, and vice versa.
6. Very powerful Nanobots to act as the interface between the natural brain and the computer
In conclusion, we will be able to transfer ourselves into computers at some point. Most arguments against this outcome are seemingly easy to circumvent. They are either simple minded, or simply require further time for technology to increase. The only serious threats raised are also overcome as we note the combination of biological and digital technologies.
More Seminar Topics:
Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry,
Disease Detection Using Bio-robotics,
Biometrics Based Authentication Systems,
Bacterio Rhodopsin Memory,
Carbon Nanotube Flow Sensors,