sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/Sarathi Service : How To Renew and take New Learning Licence
Visiting government offices wastes a lot of time. In order to tackle this situation, the Government of India has made available an application procedure of driving licence through an online portal.
Now the citizens of India are not required to visit any government offices in order to apply for a driving licence. They just have to go to the official website and from there they can apply for it. Now people will get a driving licence sitting at home. This will save a lot of time and money. Availability of driving licence online will also ensure transparency in the system.
Key Highlights of Driving Licence
|Name of article||Driving licence|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of India|
|Objective||To provide driving licence with help of official website|
|Official website||Click here|
Types of Driving Licence
• Learning licence
• Permanent licence
• International driving licence
• Duplicate driving licence
• Light motor vehicle licence
• High motor vehicle licence
Required Documents and Eligibility Criteria
• Applicant must be a permanent resident of India
• Address proof (ration card, voter ID card, electricity bill, Aadhar card, water bill, PAN card)
• Age proof (birth certificate, 10th class mark sheet, voter ID card)
• Mobile number
• Passport size photograph
Learning Licence Online Application ~ Apply Online
You will be able to apply for a learner license on the official website of Sarthi Parivahan by following the easy steps given below.
First, visit sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/
You have to select your state in the given section on the homepage of the website.
Now a new page will open in front of you. Here you have to click on the link “Apply Online” in the section on the left
Next, a drop-down menu will open in front of you. Here you have to click on the “New Learner License” or New Driving License option at your convenience.
On another page, you will be instructed about applying for a driving license through the official website of Sarathi Parivahan. Now after reading all the instructions click on the “Continue” button.
After clicking on the Continue link, you must share your personal and vehicle information and date of birth on the new page.
You have to pay the driving license application fee by filling in all the details step by step in the form. After checking all the information you entered, you click “Submit”
How To Renew learning licence
Learning Licence Renewal Online : Citizens of India and drivers of India are getting a lot of good news today. Even today, there are many people in India who are yet to get their driving licenses, but if their learning driving licenses have expired and now the time limit is coming to an end, there is no need to worry. Now, with the decision of the government, the learning driving license can be renewed(Again Issue). Not only that, it will be able to renew the applicant who has reached the limit of learning driver’s license.
A fee of Rs 150 will have to be paid for Sarathi Parivahan and it will be renewed for a limit of 3 months. There is no need to pay the fee again for a new Learner license or Driving Licence.
How to Enquire About Your Driving Licence Status
• Visit the official website of your state-specific transport department. Please note that the website differs from one state to another. Make sure you visit the right website.
• You will find a link to “Check the status of your driving licence”. Please select the link and enter your date of birth, DL number, and your state to find the details.
• You can also visit the Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to find check the status of your Indian driving licence online.
• Once, you visit the Sarathi website, click on ‘Status of Licence’.
• Once you choose “Status of Licence”, you will be asked to enter your date of birth, DL number, and your state. Please enter the details and click on “Submit”.
• You will be able to see the status of your driving licence in the next page.ax