How to Enable Siri for Carplay : Use Siri in your car
Ask Siri to send a message on your iPhone, play your favorite TV show on your Apple TV, or start a workout on your Apple Watch. Whatever it is, Siri can do it for you — and on any of your Apple devices. All you have to do is ask.
Use Siri in your car
With CarPlay or Siri Eyes Free, you can keep focused on the road by using Siri to make calls, send text messages, play music that’s on your iPhone, get directions, and use other iPhone features.
CarPlay (available in select cars) takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and puts them on your car’s built-in display. CarPlay uses Siri, so you can control CarPlay with just your voice.
With Siri Eyes Free (available in select cars), use your voice to control features of your iPhone without looking at or touching iPhone. To connect iPhone to your car, use Bluetooth (refer to the user guide that came with your car if you need to). To activate Siri, press and hold the voice command button on your steering wheel until you hear the Siri tone, then make a request.
Ask Siri on CarPlay
Do one of the following until Siri beeps:
- Press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel.
- Touch and hold the CarPlay Dashboard or CarPlay Home button on a touchscreen displaying CarPlay.
Ask Siri a question or to do something.
Siri: Say something like:
- “Get directions to the nearest coffee shop”
- “Call Eliza Block”
- “Play more songs like this one”
- “Show me the map”
- “What’s my next meeting?”
- “What’s the weather for today?”
- “Remind me to pack an umbrella when I get home”
Tip: Instead of waiting for Siri to notice that you’ve stopped talking, you can press and continue to hold the voice command button on the steering wheel while you speak, then release it when you finish.
Use your vehicle’s built-in controls to control CarPlay
CarPlay works with your vehicle’s built-in controls—for example, a touchscreen, a rotary knob, or a touchpad. To learn how to operate your display, see the owner’s guide that came with your vehicle.
- Open an app: Tap the app on the touchscreen, or turn the rotary knob to select the app, then press the knob.
- Switch between CarPlay Dashboard and CarPlay Home: CarPlay Dashboard displays several items you likely want to view or control, such as driving directions, audio playback, and suggestions from Siri. CarPlay Home shows all your CarPlay apps organized into pages.To go to CarPlay Home, tap on the touchscreen, or turn the rotary knob to select , then press the knob.To go to CarPlay Dashboard, tap , or turn the rotary knob to select , then press the knob.
- Return to your vehicle’s Home Screen: Select the icon with your vehicle’s logo if it appears on CarPlay Home or, if available, the physical Home button on your radio.
- Return to a recently used app: Tap its icon on the edge of the touchscreen, or turn the rotary knob to the icon, then press the knob.
- View additional apps: If you have more than eight apps, some may appear on another page of CarPlay Home. To view them, swipe left on the touchscreen, or turn the rotary knob. (See Use other apps with CarPlay.)
- Scroll quickly through a list: Tap the letters in the list on the right side of the touchscreen, or turn the rotary knob.
- Control audio playback: Use the audio playback controls on CarPlay Dashboard. Or from CarPlay Home, select Now Playing to view and control the current audio app.