capitalone.com Activate My Card Online: Activate New Capital One Platinum Card
Just follow the directions under Consolidate Your Accounts. Once you’ve linked your credit card accounts, you can activate your new card.
Once your new card is in hand, activation takes just minutes @ activate.capitalone.com
If you apply New Capital One by phone or online, you will often get a response in 60 seconds. However, in some cases we need to collect additional information to make a decision.
If you’re approved, you should receive your Capital One card, credit limit information, and welcome materials by mail within approximately 7 to 10 business days. However, customers approved for a Secured Mastercard card will need to pay the deposit in full before the card ships—then it should be approximately 7 to 10 business days.
capitalone.com Activate My Card Online:
Activate your card as soon as it arrives, and you can start enjoying all it has to offer.
- Sign in to your account (capitalone.com login)—online or on the Capital One Mobile app. (Text “MOBILE” to 80101 for a link to download)
- Choose the account linked to your debit card.
- Look for a button to activate your card (capitalone.com activate card) next to the debit card delivery tracker online, or below your account balance in the mobile app.
- Select “Activate Your Card” and follow the steps shown. You may be asked to set a PIN to complete the activation process
Can I lock my debit card?
Yes, you can—anytime, anywhere.
Locking your debit card will prevent transactions until you unlock it. Keep in mind that this won’t prevent automatic bill payments or other scheduled transfers from occurring.
- Sign in to your account—online or on the Capital One Mobile app. (Text “MOBILE” to 80101 for a link to download).
- Select the account linked to your debit card
On the web: Choose “Account Services and Settings.”
• Under “Manage Debit Card”, choose “Lock Your Card” and follow the steps.
On the app: Select “Lock Card” from the “I Want To…” menu.
The Prime Rate is a benchmark interest rate used by Capital One and most other banks to set rates on consumer loan products, such as credit cards. The Prime Rate is based upon, and generally changes with, the Federal Reserve’s Fed Funds Rate. You can find the current Prime Rate in the money rates column of The Wall Street Journal. If your credit card or any other loan has a variable APR based on the Prime Rate, whenever the Prime Rate changes, the variable APR on your account will likely change with it.
To find the current APR for your account, check the “Interest Charge Calculation” section of your monthly credit card statement, either online or on the statement you receive in the mail.
Doing the following can help you minimize interest charges:
- If possible, pay your balance in full to avoid interest charges.
- Making on-time payments of more than your minimum payment each month will reduce the overall amount of interest you pay.