Bluebird.com Activate My Card : How do I get a Bluebird Card and Login Account?
With Bluebird, the choice is yours! Choose the type of account you’d like and how you’d like to get started:-
The Bluebird® American Express® Prepaid Debit Account is a reloadable prepaid debit account that can be used virtually anywhere American Express® Cards are accepted.
- Buy a Bluebird® American Express® Reloadable Prepaid Card at a Walmart store near you, start using your Bluebird temporary card immediately, then register at Bluebird.com/go to access the full benefits and features of the Bluebird Prepaid Debit Account; or
- Open an Account for a Bluebird Prepaid Debit Account directly online at Bluebird.com.
The Bluebird® Bank Account is a fee-friendly bank account with a widely accepted Visa® debit card.
- Open an Account for a Bluebird Bank Account directly online at Bluebird.com
Once you register online, you will receive a personalized card in the mail at the address you provided.
How do I activate my Bluebird card?
2. Locate the card activation notification and click the Activate button.
NOTE: You may have to click the arrow > to scroll past the first notification to get the card activation notification
3. Enter the information from the personalized card you received in the mail.
You can also activate your card by calling customer service and following the prompts:
- For the Bluebird® Bank Account please call 1-877-486-5990.
- For the Bluebird® American Express® Prepaid Debit Account please call 1-833-926-3922
What is email verification?
In order to get the full functionality of your Bluebird Account you must verify the email address that you provided during registration. Email verification allows us to identify that you are the person who signed up for the Bluebird Account. Plus, it makes sure we have the right email address on file to send you important information about your Account.
How do I verify my email address?
We will send an email verification message to the email address you provided when you registered online. Simply click on the link in that email to verify your email address. If you have not received the verification email within 30 minutes, please check your spam or junk folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org or return to the registration form on Bluebird.com and click the “Resend it” link.
How do I check my Available Balance or my transaction history?
Check your Bluebird Available Balance or your transaction history anytime with these options:
- Log in to your Account online or through the Bluebird Mobile App* and select your Main Account
- Text “BAL” to BBIRD (22473) for your Available Balance if you are enrolled in text alert notifications*
- Text “HIST” to BBIRD (22473) for the five most recent completed transactions in your transaction history if you are enrolled in text alert notifications*
- Call us: For the Bluebird® American Express® Prepaid Debit Account, call 1-877-486-5990. For the Bluebird® Bank Account, call 1-833-926-3922.
In your transaction history online or in the Mobile App, Active Transactions are those that are still pending and have not yet settled. Clicking or tapping ‘View all transactions’ allows you to see Completed Transactions as well as Active Transactions that are still pending. Please note that the transaction history provided via text or through the automated phone system includes Completed Transactions, not Active Transactions.
Please refer to the My Profile section to learn how to set up text alerts.
*Messaging and data rates may apply.
How do I check the balance on my temporary Bluebird® American Express® Reloadable Prepaid Card?
You can check the balance of the temporary Bluebird card you purchased at Walmart here. If you decide to register for a personalized Bluebird card, we’ll move the remaining balance to your Bluebird Prepaid Debt Account. You can continue to use your temporary Bluebird card until you receive and activate your personalized Bluebird card.
How can I view my monthly statement?
You can access your recent statements by logging into your Bluebird Account. Select your Main Account to view recent statements on the right side of the screen. You will also receive a link to view your current monthly statement via email. Click on the link in the email to log into your Account and view your statement.
To view past statements, log into your Bluebird Account. Select your Main Account and click or tap ‘View all statements.’ You will find each monthly statement for the last 24 months. Select the desired statement period you’d like to view or print or save the statement in PDF format.