Bank of America Activate Debit Card Login : How do I use my EDD Debit Card?
To activate your new Bank of America Debit Card, login into www.bankofamerica.com/eddcard or by calling customer service at 1.866.692.9374.
The EDD issues benefit payments for Disability Insurance, Paid Family Leave, and Unemployment Insurance claims using a visa debit card. This prepaid debit card is a fast, convenient, and secure way to get your benefit payments and is not subject to a credit check or monitoring by the EDD. With the debit card you can:
- Get your money sooner.
- Use it everywhere VISA is accepted (in stores, online, and by phone).
- Withdraw cash at ATMs, banks, and stores with cash back options.
- Transfer funds to the financial institution of your choice at no additional cost.
- Be notified when a deposit is made to your card or when you have a low balance.
- Receive fraud protection from a Zero Liability Policy.
Also Read : acgcardservices com Login
The following items are in your EDD Debit Card welcome packet:-
- EDD Debit Card
- Instructions and information
- Wallet-size Quick Reference Guide with customer service and fee schedule information
- California Employment Development Department Debit Card Deposit Agreement
When you receive your card, carefully read all information to ensure proper activation and use of the card. We recommend you activate your card immediately.
How can I transfer my funds to my checking or savings account?
You may transfer some or all of your benefits to your checking or savings account by performing a one-time or recurring direct deposit transfer online at www.bankofamerica.com/eddcard or by calling customer service at 1.866.692.9374. Please Note: The Employment Development Department will not contact you under any circumstances to request personal bank account information. Any direct deposit transfer request must be initiated by you through Bank of America.
How do I use my EDD Debit Card?
To use a card with only a magnetic stripe:
Purchases with a PIN:
1. Swipe your card.
2. Choose “debit.” and enter your PIN.
3. If you want cash, select the amount and it will be added to your purchase.
4. Take your card, cash, and receipt.
To get cash or check your balance at an ATM:
1. Insert your card and enter your PIN
2. Select “checking” to make a withdrawal or “checking” and “balance inquiry” to check your balance
3. Enter amount you wish to withdraw.
4. Take your card, cash, and receipt.
Purchases with a signature:
1. Present or swipe your card.
2. Choose “credit.”
3. Sign, take your card, and receipt.
To use a chip-enabled card (new and replacement cards, only):
1. Insert your card in the terminal.
2. Follow the prompts to complete the transaction. You may be asked to enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) or verify the transaction as you normally would. If you would like cash back from a Merchant, choose “debit” and enter your PIN, and the amount entered will be added to your purchase if your balance is sufficient. Otherwise, you may select credit.
3. Remove your card from the terminal once your transaction is complete.
If a terminal is not chip enabled, you can swipe your card and follow instructions as prompted.
To get cash at a Visa bank and credit union:
1. Ask the teller for a “Visa Manual Cash Disbursement.”
2. Present your card and say how much you want from your available balance. The teller will not charge you a fee for this service.
3. Take your card, cash, and receipt.
Transferring your money:
You may choose to transfer some or all of your benefits to your checking or savings account by performing a direct deposit transfer online at www.bankofamerica.com/eddcard or by calling live customer service at 1.866.692.9374.
What are the Bank of America EDD Debit Card Customer Service hours?
For your convenience automated account information and dedicated customer service representatives are available 24 hours day, 7 days a week by calling 1.866.692.9374 or you can go online at www.bankofamerica.com/eddcard.
EDD Debit Card automated account information options include:
- Activate your card
- Select or change your PIN
- Check account balance and recent transactions
- Check date/amount of last deposit
- Speak to a customer service representative
EDD Debit Card Customer Service representatives can help you with the above options, plus:
- Resolve a question about your account statement
- Process account history requests
- Assist with direct deposit funds transfer (s)
- Investigate transactions
- Process lost/stolen/damaged card reports
- Request an emergency cash transfer
www.bankofamerica.com/eddcard options include:
- Card activation
- Balance inquiry
- Transaction history
- Direct deposit funds transfer
- Dispute Form/Affidavit
- ATM locator
- PIN change