Activate Citizens Bank Debit Card : activate your Citizens Visa Debit Card
Your Citizens Debit Card offers a convenient and secure way to make your purchases. It provides:
- Make purchases at millions of locations worldwide
- Purchases are automatically deducted from your primary checking account
- The tap-to-pay feature only takes seconds to checkout
- Add your debit card to the digital wallet on your mobile phone for faster checkouts
- No–fee balance inquiries, deposits and cash withdrawals, payments and transfers at any Citizens ATM
- Make purchases and get cash back using your PIN at participating retailers
- Didn’t make the purchase? Zero Liability coverage against unauthorized purchases
- Real time 24/7 account fraud monitoring and alerts
- Freeze your debit card in the Citizens Mobile Banking app if it’s misplaced and easily unfreeze it when it’s found
- View recent transactions, balances and monthly statements with online and mobile banking
How do I activate my Citizens debit card?
2. Complete a purchase. Make an in store purchase with your debit card using your PIN.
3. Visit an ATM. Complete a transaction at any Citizens ATM with your debit card with your current PIN.
4. By phone. Call 1-800-527-1800 and have your card and PIN handy to activate.
How do I change my PIN?
If you know your current PIN, you can visit any Citizens ATM to make a change to a new, easier to remember PIN. If you do not know your current PIN, you can visit your local branch where they can help you reset your PIN to a new, easier to remember one. Please be sure to have a photo ID and your debit or ATM card with you in order to reset your PIN in a branch. A PIN reminder can also be mailed to you by calling 1-800-922-9999.
How is my debit card different from a credit card?
- You can simply sign or tap for your purchase.
You must press the “Credit” button and sign or tap to pay for your purchases.
- You can use your PIN at participating retailers.
You must press the “Debit” or “ATM” button on the retailer’s terminal. Then enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN). With PIN-based purchases you can also get cash back when you make a purchase at participating merchants.
Can I change my ATM card to a debit card? If so, how?
Yes! You can replace your existing Citizens ATM Card with the convenience of a debit card if you have a checking account with us. To replace your ATM card, call 1-800-922-9999 or visit your local branch. You’ll receive your new Citizens Debit Card in 3-5 business days.