Published on Nov 06, 2015
The new trends in network technology (Internet, ATM) lead to the design of new protocols and services. In most of cases the latter shall interconnect heterogeneous elements which must be tested in order to certify their interoperability. Both interoperability testing and experimentation with these new products are hence becoming strategic activities in the telecom software industry, not only for the operators but also for equipment vendors and tool providers.
Companies have to develop an important activity in order to warranty the correct behaviours of their software implementing the protocols and services. Due to this validation effort and experimentation on real platforms, trustable services will be pro duced, and the time-to-market reduced. The development and implementation of a validation and experimentation platform (multi-protocols and multi-services), in close relationship between academic world and industry, will address the companies concern of assessing applications in a systematic way, and will allow the academic members to experiment their innovations on a real-world test bed.
Mobility is the main focus on the platform. In particular, we plan to study protocols and services including mobility and the WAP, and also the technologies that allow the deployment of these services (GSM, GPRS, UMTS). Note though that the platform is
generic enough to be used with other protocols and services, such as those of wired network.
A platform is a set of software tools and equipments offering complementary functions and allowing real experimentations. In particular, the PLATONIS platform is oriented to the cover all the aspects of conformance and interoperability testing (from specification, test selection, automated test generation to test execution). Moreover, when designing, implementing and deploying a system, it must be checked that it not only supplies the expected functionalities, but that it also provides acceptable performances, in terms of loading rates, processing capacity, response time, etc.
Such a study allows also to preview the collapse of the system by identifying the potential bottle-necks, and to determine an optimal configuration for the ressources (buffer sizes, number of servers, distribution of processes on the different machines, network topologies, etc.) according to criteria like "quality over cost".
The PLATONIS platform will be opened to other users:
- companies wishing to experiment the new functionalities proposed by a given
- universities for research and teaching purposes (students' training to these new
In this context, the project has the following main objectives:
1) the implementation of a platform for validating and experimentating new protocols and services;
2) the validation and experimentation of the platform related to the terminals mobility. We plan to check whether some protocol exchanges in WAP over GSM are correct and if different entities may interwork properly;
3) a method supported by tools, allowing to analyse some quality of service (QoS) properties, in consistency with the functional validation;
4) the openness: the platform will be used at the beginning for teaching GET 1 and university students of the academic partners, and also the engineers of the member companies. It is planned to widen the use of the platform to other companies and academic institutions to a legal and commercial framework defined by the PLATONIS consortium.
More Seminar Topics:
Active Appearance Models,
1XEV-DO Architecture For Wireless Internet,
Hyper Transport Technology,
Generic Visual Perception Processor GVPP,
EXTENSIBLE FIRMWARE INTERFACE,
Efficient Implementation Of Cryptographically Useful"Large"Boolean Functions,
Dynamically Reconfigurability Computing,
Data Security In Wireless Networks,
Cellular through Remote Control Switch,
Border Security using Wireless Integrated Network Sensors,
An ATM With An Eye,
Real- Time Systems and Real- Time Operating Systems,
CBSE Plus Two Results 2016,
E Ball PC Technology,
Adaptive Control System