Yoga For Life Quiz :
- This is a timed quiz with 20 questions to be answered in 600 seconds
- These questions will be randomly picked from the question bank.
- Winners will be adjudged on the basis of maximum number of correct answers.
- In case of multiple participants having given same number of correct answers, the participants who take the least time to complete the quiz will be adjudged the winner.
- You can skip a tough question and come back to it later.
- The quiz will start as soon as you click the Start Quiz button.
The online ‘Yoga For Life’ Quiz competition is being organised by NCERT during the pandemic to celebrate International Day of Yoga and to encourage students to participate and create an overall positive environment. The quiz items are designed to make children aware about the importance of yoga in maintaining health, wellness and harmony. Yoga is one of the most powerful drugless system and an effective preventive measure in dealing with all kinds of physical and mental ailments. By participating in the quiz, the students will learn to appreciate that Yoga is an integral part of our cultural heritage and was practiced by our ancient seers and saints for physical fitness, mental alertness and emotional balance. The different asanas and postures in yoga show a close bonding with our environment and our rich biodiversity. Performing and practicing yoga would instill an urge amongst all, to lead a healthy lifestyle with joy and fun as hallmarks.
The ‘Yoga For Life’ Quiz competition is designed to instill among the students awareness and understanding of Yoga, its importance in strengthening human values and helping all, in maintaining cheerful and healthy disposition.
The objectives are to:
- Create awareness regarding yogic practices and motivate children
- Collect additional materials on yoga
- Develop understanding about the advantages of various asana and as preventive measure in addressing various physical and mental ailments
- Motivate students to practice asana on regular basis for overall health and wellness
- Instill human values
The quiz is meant for children from classes 6 to 12 of all types of school and managements: Government Schools, Government Aided, CBSE affiliated Schools, KVS, NVS, CISCE, DMS of RIEs, Private schools affiliated to other Boards. However, for popularization of International Yoga day, all others including parents and teachers can also participate in this quiz.
Online certificate of participation for all participants
The quiz will be open for one month starting on 21st June 2021 and will close on 20th July 2021.
Terms and Conditions
- Each question in the quiz will be in the multiple-choice format with only one correct answer.
- Students are required to attempt 20 questions in 10 minutes.
- The quiz questions are prepared in both Hindi and English.
- You are allowed to attempt the quiz only once and only one option will be accepted for a question.
- After responding to a question, click on the “Next Question”, button to go to the next question
- No negative mark is there.
- After attempting questions, final submission should be clicked. No change can be made after final submission.
- Participants have to register on MyGov portal to take part in the quiz. Please provide your details with information like your full name, email id, mobile number, date of birth and gender.
- The decision of NCERT will be final in all matters related to this Quiz