xfinitymobile.com Activate : How Do I Activate My Xfinity Mobile Phone?
Your new phone has arrived. It’s time to bring it to life on Xfinity Mobile!
Whether you’re transferring a number from your previous carrier or getting a new number, we’ve made the activation process simple — and you can do it all online, using Xfinity Mobile My Account.
From “Devices,” select the phone you’d like to activate. Then we’ll walk you through each step the activation process.
Important Things To Know Before You Begin
- We’ll need information from your previous carrier to transfer your number. Make sure you have a copy of your bill and your account PIN. If you don’t know your account PIN or number transfer PIN, you’ll need to contact your carrier for assistance.
- If your new phone is an iPhone, you’ll insert the SIM card on your own. (SIMs are pre-installed on Android phones.) Pay attention to your SIM cards if you’re activating multiple iPhones. Each card is uniquely linked with specific phones, and we’ll label them for you so you insert the correct card in the correct phone.
- Activation times vary by carrier and whether you’re keeping your number. Typically, the process only takes around 10 minutes. But if you’re transferring your number from a previous carrier, keep your old phone and your new one close by, just in case.
Activating Your New Phone
First things first. Unbox your new device for everything you need to get online with the nation’s best network — like your new phone and charger, Xfinity Mobile SIM card and any accessories you’ve ordered. Make sure your new phone is turned off (and stays off) in order to activate it.
Now, insert the new Xfinity Mobile SIM card into your new smartphone. Easy.
Or if you kept your current phone, use the new Xfinity Mobile SIM card that was mailed to you when you decided to bring your own device (BYOD) with Xfinity Mobile. Eject your old SIM card and insert the new Xfinity Mobile SIM card into your current phone.
Android makes it even easier — their SIM cards come pre-installed.
Xfinity Mobile also makes it easy to ensure you’ll never mix up your SIM cards if you’re activating phones for the whole family — with labels for each new SIM and its corresponding device.
Next, head to xfinitymobile.com/activate to begin. Then login or create an account and select the phone you’d like to activate.
To transfer your current phone number, you‘ll need a few details like your account number and PIN from your previous carrier. You can find these on one of your past bills or give your previous carrier a call for assistance.
For a new number, it’s even easier. Just choose “I want a new number” and Xfinity Mobile will automatically assign you one once the phone is activated.
Now you’re ready to press “Activate!” Easy!
Your phone should be ready in about 10 minutes. You’ll receive a confirmation email when the activation is complete, including your new number if you requested it.
And now for the easiest part of all: Turn on your phone and get ready to experience the nation’s most reliable network, with the fastest 5G and 4G LTE network and over 20 million secure hotspots.
Need help? Visit us at xfinitymobile.com/support or on the Xfinity Mobile app.
Having trouble setting up an iPhone?
Here are a couple things to check:
- Make sure to choose “Set Up Over WiFi” (not “Set Up Over Cellular”) when activating your phone.
- If you’ve activated but your phone is not working, confirm that you see “Xfinity Mobile” on the top left of the home screen. If you don’t, follow these steps:
- First, connect to a WiFi network.
- Next, go to Settings > General > About.
- Wait for the Carrier Settings Update prompt to appear, then select Update.