Xfinity Gateway Blinking Green : What the Lights on Your xFi Advanced Gateways Mean
Xfinity Gateways and xFi Gateways are all-in-one devices that deliver internet and voice connectivity, whole-home WiFi coverage, network security, control and speed for the ultimate connected experience.
General features of our latest devices, the xFi Advanced Gateways, include:
- Secure wireless home network with xFi Advanced Security.
- Secondary Xfinity Hotspot network.
- Exclusive WiFi management tools and Parental Controls (xFi).
- Extended whole-home coverage with xFi Pods.
- Up to 1 Gigabit speeds or more, depending on the model.
- Internet connectivity through Ethernet connection (two or four ports).
- Connection for one to two phone lines.
- Regular automatic updates to improve speed, coverage, control and security.
xFi Advanced Gateways have lights that behave differently depending on the status of the device.
Device Status and Light Activity
|Light Activity||Status of Device||Issue Cause / Additional Action Needed|
|White steady light or white steady light with purple tint (post-activation)||On/Operational||N/A|
|White steady or blinking light / white steady or blinking light with purple tint (during activation)||Limited Operational||If you haven’t yet activated your device, follow the steps outlined in your Getting Started Guide.|
|Red steady light||No Internet connection||We’re having trouble connecting with your device. Contact us for help.|
|Blue blinking light||WPS Mode||Your Gateway is trying to make a connection with another wireless device. Once connected, your new device should be up and running.|
|All other color combinations||Connecting to Xfinity systems||Please wait for about 15 minutes for this cycle to complete. If you’re still having issues connecting, contact us for help.|
Sign In On Your Mobile Device
Using the My Account app is the easiest way to manage your Xfinity services.
- Download the Xfinity My Account app (download for Apple or Android).
- Open the app and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.
- Use the app to pay bills, troubleshoot services and change account settings.
Sign In Online
You can sign into My Account online using any supported web browser on your PC or Mac. Once you enter your Xfinity ID and password, you’ll be securely connected to all your account information.
Sign In On Your X1 TV Box
You can access My Account information and pay your bill through your X1 TV Box.
- If your X1 TV Box is voice-enabled, press and hold the microphone button on your Voice Remote and say “My Account.” Navigate the portal using the arrow keys on the remote control.
- Alternatively, press xfinity on your remote control and select Settings, then My Account.