Xfinity Flex Activation Process Overview : Activate Your Xfinity Flex 4K Streaming TV Box
Learn how to activate your Xfinity Flex streaming 4K TV Box with the Xfinity app. See what Flex can do and how easy it is to get started when you follow the step-by-step activation guide within this overview.
Getting Started Kit
Xfinity Flex can be installed by a Getting Started kit, which includes:
- Flex streaming 4K TV Box.
- Xfinity Voice Remote.
- Power cable.
- HDMI cable.
- Getting Started Guide.
Activate Your Xfinity Flex 4K Streaming TV Box
1. First, you need to activate your Xfinity Internet service using the Xfinity app.
- This includes customers who rent an Xfinity Gateway or own their own modem.
- For more help, follow the step-by-step instructions on Activating Your Xfinity Internet Service.
- Before setting up your Xfinity Flex streaming TV Box, make sure you can connect to your home Xfinity Internet network (either WiFi or wired with Ethernet cable) through a desktop or mobile device.
2. If you’re activating an Xfinity Gateway or your own modem and your Flex device, you’ll be presented with an option to Begin Flex Setup after your Internet device has been successfully activated.
- Otherwise, you can select the Activate Flex option from the Overview tab or Account page. (The Account page is located in the top-left corner of the Overview tab.)
- You’ll then be promoted to select the correct MAC address, which can be found on the bottom of your Flex device. If you have more than one Flex device, you’ll need to activate one at a time.
3. After successfully validating your Flex device, the Xfinity app will assist you in setting up your device.
- Connect the HDMI cable from your TV to your Xfinity Flex 4K streaming TV Box. Turn on your TV using your TV’s remote and choose the correct HDMI input from the TV menu.
- Note: When looking at the back of the device, the HDMI port is the largest port, or the second port from the right.
- Plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet and connect the other end to the USB-C port on your Xfinity Flex 4K streaming TV Box.
- Note: When looking at the back of the device, the USB-C port is the smallest port, or the first port from the right.
- Once the power indicator lights up (on the top of the device, towards the front), you’re ready to go!Only use the supplied power adapter, and avoid outlets controlled by dimmers.
- Your Voice Remote comes installed with two AA batteries. Remove the plastic tab from the back of the Voice Remote (by pulling the tab towards the top of the remote), and wait for on-screen instructions. Make sure you’re within ten feet of your Flex 4K streaming TV Box and your Voice Remote is aimed directly at the front of it.
4. If you have an Xfinity Gateway, your Flex 4K streaming TV Box will attempt to connect to your WiFi automatically. If you’d like to set up your connection manually, press the Info (i) button on your Voice Remote. If your Flex 4K streaming TV Box can’t connect automatically,
- You’ll be asked to select your Language.
- Then, manually connect by entering your Private WIFI Name and Password or WiFi Protected Setup (WPS).
5. Select your language.
- Make sure you’re pointing the Voice Remote directly at the front of the Flex streaming 4K TV Box and are less than ten feet away.
- Note: If your Voice Remote isn’t working and you get stuck on the language selection, you might need to unpair your remote from a previous TV device. Get instructions to unpair your Voice Remote at xfinity.com/unpair.
6. You’ll be asked if you’d like to continue using Voice Guidance. If you choose Yes, all the following activation instructions will be spoken to you. If you choose No, you’ll go through the visuals shown below.
- If your Flex device requires a Firmware Update, we’ll need to restart your device to download the latest firmware requirements.
- Activating your device:
- If you successfully validated your device using the Xfinity app, we’ll automatically activate the Flex device for you.
- If you didn’t use the app, you’ll be required to enter your account information on-screen.
- Enter the last four digits of any phone number listed on your Xfinity account using the number keys or directional pad on your Voice Remote.
- If you’re having trouble using the last four digits of a phone number, you can select the Verify another way button and verify with an SMS verification code or by entering your account information instead.
- Once your device is successfully activated, you’ll need to name your device.
- Your device will automatically be optimized for sound and 4K video.
- The last and final step will be setting up your Voice Remote to control your TV Box and your TV and Audio Equipment’s power and volume. Follow the on-screen steps.
- If your Internet connection hasn’t been fully established, you may be asked to connect to your home private WiFi network. Please refer to Step #6 above for the WiFi Setup instructions on how to connect to your network. Congratulations! Your Flex 4K streaming TV Box is now ready to use! Select Let’s Get Started to learn more about voice commands and your apps.
Activate Using the Xfinity App
- Power on your Flex TV streaming Box. If you’ve just finished activating an Xfinity Gateway, you’ll be presented with the option to activate a Flex box directly after. Otherwise, you can select Activate Flex Device at any time from the Account page.
- Choose a Flex Box to activate by selecting the MAC address, which can be found on the bottom of the device. Note that you can select multiple MAC addresses if activating more than one Flex Box at one time.
- Check that you have all the equipment needed to activate, then tap Next.
- Standing within 10 feet of your Flex Box, remove the plastic tab from the back of your remote and wait for the blue lights to flash three times. Tap Ready to Activate, then follow the steps on your TV to complete the process (see Step 6 of the Activation Process above for specific instructions).
- If you’re having trouble activating your Flex streaming TV Box, the most common solution is to restart it by reconnecting your USB-C power cord and HDMI cable to both the Flex streaming TV Box and TV.
- If your remote isn’t working, make sure you’re standing within ten feet of your Flex streaming TV Box and pointing the remote directly at the front of it. If that doesn’t help, you might need to unpair your remote from a previous TV Box. Get instructions at xfinity.com/unpair.
- If you’re unable to make a language selection, a pop-up message will direct you to xfinity.com/unpair for instructions on resetting your remote.
- Make sure you’re connected to the Internet. Restarting your modem can fix many common Internet-related issues. You can also try to connect with a wired Ethernet cable to check if the issue is with your WiFi connection.
- If you’re having network connection issues or need to reestablish your network connection, you can press the WPS button (two arrows icon) on the bottom of the Flex streaming TV Box.
- If you receive an error when setting up your Voice Remote, you can skip this step by pressing the Back arrow button on your remote and selecting Skip when prompted. You can finish setting up your Voice Remote after activation is complete.
- If you come across an error screen and you can’t fix the issue on your own, mention the error code on the bottom-right corner of your TV screen when talking with us.