Xbox Error Code 0x87e11838 : Error playing a game on your Xbox console
You see the following error code when you try to play a game on your Xbox console:
This may mean that the Xbox service is having trouble syncing your game data. To resolve this issue, try the solutions below.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox status
Check the Xbox status page. If you see any services with alerts, expand the service, scroll down to Notifications, and sign in to receive a message when the service is up and running again.
Solution 2: Restart your console
1. Turn off your Xbox by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
3. Plug the console power cable back in.
4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it back on.
Solution 3: Clear your locally saved data
1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.
3. Select Clear local saved games.
Solution 4: Check the Xbox forums
Check the Xbox Forums to see what others in the Xbox community are saying about this error.
Syncing Xbox game saves to the cloud error messages
“We can’t save additional info for…”
“Which one do you want to use?”
You get this message when your console has newer or different locally saved data than what’s saved in the cloud, usually after you play offline. You’ll be given the choice of which saved data to use, the locally saved or the cloud saved version (and you’ll be notified which is newer). Pick the “save” you want to use and continue.
“Your other Xbox is taking a long time to sync to the cloud
- Select Sync last saved data to stop the other console’s upload and instead sync the data on the console you’re currently using. You may lose unsynchronized data from the other console.
- Select Keep waiting and resolve the sync problem with the other console. This usually means signing in to your profile on that console and letting it complete the upload.
“We couldn’t sync your info with the cloud”
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- Go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
- Select Test network connection. The test will run automatically and let you know if there’s a problem with your connection.