Xbox app now on Smart TVs : Playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung TVs
Playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung Smart TVs gives Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members easy and instant access to over 100 high-quality games, including Xbox Game Studios titles on the same day they release. And as we recently announced, you can also play Fortnite without a membership through cloud gaming.
The Xbox app on Smart TVs presents new opportunities to play:
- If you are getting a new Samsung 2022 Smart TV, you will now have more ways to play games in your house.
- If you’re new to gaming, this is an easy way to get into the fun without needing to buy a PC or console and also to join a thriving community of over 25 million Game Pass members worldwide.
We are bringing the Xbox App to Samsung Smart TVs first, and our intent is to explore other TV partnerships as part of this next evolution in our vision.
How it works
Playing Xbox games on 2022 Samsung TVs will be a seamless experience, similar to using other streaming apps on your TV. Simply launch the app, connect your favorite controller, and start playing. Here’s the step by step:
1. Access the Xbox app from the Samsung Gaming Hub and log into your existing Microsoft account. If you’re a Game Pass Ultimate member, you’ll have access to hundreds of cloud-enabled games or you can check out Fortnite without a membership.
2. If you are new to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, join or upgrade today for just $1, or you can sign up directly in the app.
3. Connect your favorite Bluetooth-enabled controller like the Xbox Wireless Controller, Xbox Adaptive Controller, Elite Series 2 Controller, or the DualSense controller. Start playing over 100 high quality games, from the cloud including A Plague Tale: Innocence, Hades and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction.
We’re super excited by what this next step means for all you gamers out there. With this rollout, we’re making it easier than ever to play games on the devices you already own. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and a controller, you can easily jump into the world of gaming and connect with your friends and communities on Xbox.
Bringing the Xbox app to Samsung 2022 Smart TVs
Today, we announced we’re partnering with Samsung to bring the Xbox App to 2022 Smart TVs so that you can play hundreds of cloud-enabled games, without a console.
- That means hundreds of games in our Game Pass Ultimate library, and Fortnite without a subscription.
- Playing Xbox games on Samsung’s 2022 Smart TVs will be a seamless experience – it will be similar to using any other streaming app on your TV.
- It’s simple, starting on June 30, access the Xbox app from the Samsung Gaming Hub or Media Hub and log into your existing Microsoft account, connect your favorite Bluetooth controller.
- If you’re a Game Pass Ultimate member, you’ll have access to play loads of great cloud-enabled games, or you can jump into Fortnite without a subscription.