www.yourdependentverification.com-smart-info : How Do I Certify My Dependents?
HOW DO I CERTIFY MY DEPENDENTS?
STEP 1: Review the list of the dependents you have enrolled and match each of them to a dependent type listed in the “Eligibility Rules and Documentation Required” section.
STEP 2: For each dependent type you will find the eligibility requirements and a list of document options required to verify that particular dependent type.
STEP 3: Once you have matched your dependents to types, gather all the necessary documents and forward them to the Dependent Verification Center by :
Online Upload: www.yourdependentverification.com/plan-smart-info
Secure Fax: 1-877-965-9555
Mail: Dependent Verification Center, P.O. Box 1414, Lincolnshire, IL 60069-1414
If you have questions or need assistance please call the Dependent Verification Center at 1-800-725-5810
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS AND THINGS TO REMEMBER
• Black out Social Security numbers appearing on any documents submitted.
• Only send the first page of your prior year federal tax return that shows your dependents.
• Black out all monetary amounts appearing on federal tax returns, for example earnings listed on your 1040 (SEE SAMPLE ATTACHED).
• Documents proving joint ownership are: mortgage statements, credit card statements, bank statements, and residential leasing agreements listing both parties’ names. The joint ownership may be established prior to the current year; however, the statement provided
must be issued within the last six months.
• Proof of marriage must be a government issued marriage license or marriage certificate including the date of your marriage. A church issued marriage certificate will ONLY be accepted if the marriage occurred within the last 90 days; however, you will be required to
provide a government issued marriage certificate at a later date.
• Birth certificates must be government issued birth certificates listing parent names. A hospital issued birth certificate will ONLY be accepted if the child’s birth occurred within the last 90 days; however, you will be required to provide a government issued birth certificate
at a later date.
VITAL RECORDS REQUEST: Please order your documentation early in the verification process to ensure receipt. Some state and county offices can take from 4 weeks to 6 months to issue vital record.
PHOTOCOPYING VITAL RECORDS: If photocopying of your vital record is prohibited, we brecommend that you obtain the non-certified vital record and submit your documentation via the United States Postal Service.*
BIRTH CERTIFICATES LISTING PARENT NAMES: Short form government issued birth certificates that do not contain parent names are not acceptable. Please obtain the long-form, including the parent names, the same used to obtain a passport.
*Disclaimer: The above may not include all states/county practices