www.tnpds.gov.in correction :
Heeding to the repeated requests from the people who have only sugar option ration cards, the State government on Saturday said that they can convert their sugar option cards into rice cards.
There are 5.80 lakh sugar option ration card beneficiaries who cannot avail rice. Now, those who want to avail rice may submit an online application through the www.tnpds.gov.in or visit the local civil supplies office with photocopies of existing ration cards, a statement said.
https //tnpds.gov.in login : Live Updates
Those who wish to convert their cards can apply through the civil supplies and consumer protection department’s portal www.tnpds.gov.in, civil supplies officials concerned and the assistant commissioners of the department. The minister said applications received would be immediately scrutinised and action would be taken to convert to sugar option cards.
Ration Card is also known as Permanent Ration Card (PRC) and Household Consumer Card (HCC). Ration card is allotted to an applicant on the basis of different categories and their income status
Blue/Yellow/Green/Red Ration cards –
For people that are living below poverty line. These ration cards are for obtaining various subsidies on food, fuel and other goods.
White Ration cards –
These ration cards are for people living above the poverty line they help as an identification.
How to Check Ration card details Status online
• First of all please logon to the Civil Supplies webpage at www.tnpds.gov.in
• Then click on the link “Ration Card Details” on Left of Web Page.
• Fill all the necessary details
• Now click on the “Report” Icon.
• Please wait for a few seconds while the data is being extracted from the Central Ration Card database
• You’ll be re-directed to a new Web Page.
• Now search your details with entries like Depending Owner, Ward, House No., Address
• Lastly you will get the ration card details displayed
For more information regarding on RC Details and RC Status please visit the official web portal of Civil Supplies at www.tnpds.gov.in
Documents required for a Ration (rashan) card :
1. Surrender certificate/ Deletion certificate/ No card certificate if there is no previous family card
2. Proof of identity and residence
3. A self-addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard.
4. Three passports sized photographs
5. Details about earlier applications and rejections (if applicable)
6. Details of any LPG connection
7. Mobile number/email id
Ration Card Types
The State Government Provides Four Types Of Ration Cards To All The People Of The State. All These Ration Cards Are As Follows:
• Non Priority
Proof of Identity to apply for Ration card:
1. Aadhaar card
2. Employee identity card
3. Voter ID
5. Any government issued identity card
6. Health card (including the Aaragoyasri card)
7. Driving license
For Member Removal / Deleting:
• Death certificate
• Transfer certificate
• Marriage certificate
For Member Adding / Including:
• Birth Certificate