www socialsecurity gov Setup Activation Code : Social Security Direct Express Card Activate
If you already receive Social Security or SSI benefits and you have a bank account, you can sign up for Direct Deposit by:
- starting or changing Direct Deposit online (Social Security benefits only), or
- contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association, or
- calling Social Security toll-free at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), or
- visiting your local Social Security Field Office or
signing up for the Direct Express® debit card.
The Direct Express® card is a debit card you can use to access your benefits and you don’t need a bank account.
With the Direct Express® card program, we deposit your federal benefit payment directly into your card account. Your monthly benefits will be available on your payment day—on time, every time. You can use the card to make purchases, pay bills or get cash at thousands of locations.
It’s quick and easy to sign up for the card. Call the toll-free Direct Express® hotline at 1-800-333-1795. Also, Social Security can help you sign up.
If you don’t have an account, you must open an account before you can sign up for Direct Deposit. You should shop around in your area to find an account that has the features you want at a price you can afford. When you decide on the account that is right for you, let the representative at the financial institution know that you are interested in signing up to receive your benefits by Direct Deposit.
How to create a my Social Security account
1. Visit www.SocialSecurity.gov/myaccount and select sign in to or create an account.
2. Read and agree to the ‘Terms of Service’, tell us who you are, and verify your identity.
3. Create your account detail, select how to receive your security code, and enter your security code
4. Now that you have successfully created your my Social Security account, choose email or text under ‘Message Center Preferences’ to receive courtesy notifications.
Not currently receiving benefits
If you don’t get Social Security or SSI benefits yet but are planning to apply, tell the Social Security representative when you apply for benefits that you want to sign up for Direct Deposit. If you already have an account, have your checkbook or a copy of your bank statement with you.
Your personal my Social Security account is for your use only
Social Security is dedicated to protecting the information and resources entrusted to us, including your personal information and investment. For your protection, you’re the only one who can create your personal my Social Security account for your own exclusive use.
No one can create or use an account on your behalf, even with written permission. Don’t share the use of your account with anyone else under any circumstances, as unauthorized use of this service is a misrepresentation of your identity to the federal government and could subject you to criminal or civil penalties, or both.