www.sky.com/discoveryplus: How to get discovery+ on Sky Q/Sky Glass?
Sky have partnered exclusively with Discovery to offer all Sky Q customers access to the new discovery+ streaming service at no extra cost for 12 months.
How to get discovery+ on Sky Q/Sky Glass?
To redeem your exclusive gift from Sky VIP just say “get discovery+” into your voice enabled Sky remote and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you’ve switched from Sky Q to Glass and you claimed the free 12 month subscription offer while using Sky Q, you can still use the discovery+ app on Sky Glass at no extra cost for the remainder of your 12 month offer. Just sign into the discovery+ app with your discovery+ log in details.
If you’re a new Sky customer with Sky Glass, we’re unable to offer the free 12 month subscription. If you would like discovery+, you’ll need to sign up directly with Discovery.
Get discovery+ on Sky
- To complete the set up, you’ll need your Sky iD, a Sky remote and a device that’s connected to the internet.
- On your Sky remote, press the voice button and say ‘Get discovery plus’ and select any tile to continue.
- If you don’t have a Sky voice remote, press ‘Home’, scroll down to apps, press right then scroll down to ‘Get more from Sky’ and select discovery+.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and press checkout.
- With your mobile device, open up the camera app and scan the QR code as shown below.
- Or go to sky.com/discoveryplusactivate.
Sorry, discovery+ isn’t available for Sky+HD customers. You’ll need to upgrade to Sky Q or Sky Glass to use all the apps on Sky, including discovery+, Disney+, Netflix and more.
Activate discovery+ on Sky
- Sign in with your Sky iD username and password.
- Select continue and you’ll be redirected to a registration page on Discovery’s website.
- Set up details by inputting your email address and password that has not been used before on other sites.
- Select next and you will be asked for a pairing code.
- To get the code, go to your Sky Q box or Sky Glass, press Home, Apps, Featured and select discovery+.
- Select the text option “Continue with Sky activation”.
- Input the 6-digit code into the webpage.
- This will authenticate your Sky Q box or Sky Glass and you should be able to start watching content.
How do I log in on my Sky Q minibox/Sky Glass/other device?
You’ll need to log in to each device / minibox separately the first time only.
- Open the discovery+ app from Home, Apps, Featured, discovery+.
- Select ‘Login’.
- Follow the instructions – visit discoveryplus.com/link, login with email and password and enter the 6-digit code.
- This will authenticate your device and you should be able to start watching content.
- Make sure you’ve activated your account at sky.com/discoveryplusactivate if you’re in the UK or sky.ie/discoveryplusactivate if you’re in the ROI. Remember, you can’t activate discovery+ until your subscription is active.
- If you’re still having problems, select Forgot password on the login screen and reset your password, then try again with the new details.
Press select on a show to start watching it on discovery+. If it’s part of a series, it’ll show you a list of available episodes. If you were already watching something, it’ll pick up where you left off or you can select Restart to watch from the beginning.