www.securustech.net Inmate Debit Account: How do I check my Securus account balance?
A Securus Debit account is owned by the incarcerated individual and used to pay for Securus services offered at their facility. This is NOT a commissary account. This may include services such as phone calls, eMessaging stamps, tablet media (games, music, and movies) as well as Video Connect sessions. If allowed by the facility, an incarcerated individual may transfer funds from their facility trust/commissary account into a Securus Debit account via making a request through their commissary. Correctional facilities also have the option to allow friends & family members to deposit funds directly into a Securus Debit account. This account offers the following benefits:
- You can fund a Securus Debit account without having your own calling account
- The maximum funding amount is $50.00 per transaction
- You have 24/7/365 access to fund an incarcerated individual’s Debit account on our website or by contacting us via phone
- Funds placed in the Securus Debit account will become the property of the incarcerated individual and friends & family members will not be able to receive refunds on this account. This product is currently available at limited facilities.
1. Securus offers a number of convenient funding methods to meet your needs.
2. Credit/Debit Card Online or By Phone
3. Payment types accepted Online or By Phone
How Do I Put Money on an Inmate Account So They Can Call Whoever?
The account type that allows the individual to call anyone allowed by the facility that is paid for out of their account is called a Securus Debit account.
If allowed at their facility you can make a deposit into their Securus Debit account. In addition to phone calls they can also use this account to purchase stamps for eMessaging and to purchase or rent music movies, games and other digital media from a robust library of titles. Service availability varies by facility.
NOTE the Securus Debit account is NOT a commissary account.
Not all facilities allow family and friends to deposit into the Securus Debit account.
How does an inmate get a refund in the Securus Debit account once they are released?
Refunds can be requested from incarcerated individual’s prepaid accounts 30 days or later following release. If requests are received prior to 30 days of release, they will not be processed, and must be resubmitted no sooner than 30 days after your release date.
Incarcerated Individual has 12 months from their release date to request a refund. Refund requests received after 12 months from the release date will not be processed.
Can I add money to the inmate’s Securus Debit account?
Yes you can and can help them with their communication and entertainment spending.
To make a deposit click here to login and make a deposit or download the free Securus app from the Apple or Google Play store.