www.okdhslive.org Renewal Application : How do I renew my Oklahoma SNAP benefits?

www.okdhslive.org Renewal Application : How do I renew my Oklahoma SNAP benefits?

Oklahoma Human Services can now text you to share updates about your SNAP case. Texts received from 405-522-1672 are from Oklahoma Human Services. Please visit OKDHSLive.org to update information or check the status of your case.

What is SNAP?


The federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides a monthly benefit for you to buy food. Your benefit amount is based on the size of your household, your income, and your allowed expenses.  DHS issues SNAP food benefits on a plastic card, called the ACCESS Oklahoma Card.  You can use your ACCESS card just like a bank card at most food stores.

How do I apply for SNAP benefits?

If you previously received benefits from DHS, you may apply by clicking on the Apply for Benefits hyperlink.  If you are a first time user, you will first need to create a user name and password. You can click on the Create User ID hyperlink to do so.  You may also apply for SNAP benefits by printing and completing the Request for Benefits form.  You can then mail, fax, email, or take it to your local DHS office during business hours.  Click on Get Adobe Reader if you have trouble viewing the Request for Benefits form.

Interview Requirements

When you apply for food benefits, you must complete an interview with a DHS worker and answer some additional eligibility questions. Interviews are completed by telephone or in person.  An interview can be scheduled for your convenience – in order to account for employment or transportation needs.

Once DHS receives the Request for Benefits form, you will be contacted regarding your interview. You will receive an interview notice in the mail and may receive a telephone call to complete an interview.  It is important that your address and phone numbers are accurate so that we can best serve you.

Renewal Application

We encourage our customers needing assistance to use www.okdhslive.org and www.okbenefits.org for applications or renewals of services provided by OKDHS.

On www.okdhslive.org, customers may apply for or renew programs including:

  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly food stamps),
  • Child Care Subsidy,
  • Medical Assistance,
  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and
  • Assistance to the Aged, Blind and Disabled (ABD).

What food benefits verification documents will I need to provide?

When you first apply for food benefits, you will need to provide a document to prove your identity.  If you are eligible for expedited services, this may be all you have to provide to receive one or two months of benefits.  The chart below shows the type of documents you need to provide.

What are the rules for expedited food benefits?

You are eligible to receive expedited food benefits if:

1.   Your household has less than $150.00 in monthly gross income and you do not have cash resources over $100.00.

2.   You are a migrant or seasonal farm worker and you do not have cash resources over $100.00.

3.   Your household’s total monthly income and cash resources are less than the household’s monthly rent or mortgage, and utilities.

How can I get more information about Expedited Services?

You can contact your local DHS office for more information. Click this hyperlink  OKDHS offices   to find your local office. You may also call 405-521-3444 or email sn**@ok***.org

How will I know if or when my food benefits are approved?

You will receive a letter in the mail called the Notice of Action letter.  This notice will tell you if you were approved or denied for food benefits.  If you are approved, the notice will tell you the amount of benefits approved, when benefits will start, and the amount of income and deductions used to make the decision.   If you are denied, the notice will tell you why.