www.hbomax/sony : How do you install HBO Max on a Sony Smart TV?
There are two ways to sign in depending on how you get HBO Max.
Ways to sign in
- Sign in through a TV, internet, or mobile provider (see below).
- Sign in with your account email and password.
If you get HBO Max with your TV package, internet service, or wireless plan, use these steps.
Open the Play Store on your Sony TV and search for HBO Max. Then, select HBO Max and choose:
- Subscribe & install: Starts a new HBO Max subscription and installs the HBO Max app.
- Install: Just installs the HBO Max app. You can choose to subscribe at another time.
The HBO Max app is supported on Google Play and Dolby certified devices installed via the official Google Play app store. Installing HBO Max from somewhere other than the official Google Play app store is not supported.
LG Smart TV
On your LG Smart TV, go to the LG Content Store search for HBO Max. Then, select the HBO Max app and choose Install. Once downloaded, open HBO Max and sign in.
If HBO Max is not in the LG Content Store, your LG Smart TV may not be supported. For a list of supported LG Smart TV models, go to HBO Max on LG Smart TV and choose Device Compatibility. Then, sign in with your LG User ID to see if your TV is compatible.
On your Roku streaming device, go to Streaming Channels > Search Channels and enter HBO Max. Then select HBO Max and choose Add Channel. Once downloaded, open HBO Max and sign in or select Choose a Plan.
Where do I enter the code?
Open a browser on your phone or computer and in the address bar, type https://hbomax.com/tvsignin. You should see an Enter Code page where you can enter the 6-character code from your TV (https://activate.hbomax.com).
Code doesn’t work or is invalid
Try the following:
- Make sure you’re on the correct page (https://activate.hbomax.com) in Step 3 above. Choose this link: activate.hbomax.com and then enter the code from your TV.
- Try using a different supported browser: Chrome, FireFox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
- Get a new code. To do this, go back and choose Sign In again on your TV.
- Try using a computer (instead of your phone). On your computer, go to activate.hbomax.com and then enter the code from your TV.
- Clear your browser data.
- iPhone: On your iOS device, go to Settings > Safari, then scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data. To learn more, go to Clear Safari.
- Android phone: Try clearing your Chrome browsing data on your Android device. To find out how to do this, see Clear cache & cookies.