www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax : Vehicle Tax and Registration- GOV.UK

www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax : Vehicle Tax and Registration- GOV.UK

Tax your car, motorcycle or other vehicle using a reference number from:

  • a recent reminder (V11) or ‘last chance’ warning letter from DVLA
  • your vehicle log book (V5C) – it must be in your name
  • the green ‘new keeper’ slip from a log book if you’ve just bought it

If you do not have any of these documents, you’ll need to apply for a new log book.

You can pay by debit or credit card, or Direct Debit.

You must tax your vehicle even if you do not have to pay anything, for example if you’re exempt because you’re disabled.

You’ll need to meet all the legal obligations for drivers before you can drive.

Change your car’s tax class to or from ‘disabled’

You may need to change your vehicle’s tax class, for example if either:

  • your car was previously used by a disabled person
  • you’re disabled and taxing your car for the first time

You can only apply at a Post Office @ https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax.

At a Post Office

Go to a Post Office that deals with vehicle tax. You need to take either:

  • the payment for your vehicle tax @ https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables
  • your bank or building society account details to set up a Direct Debit

You will not need these payment details if your vehicle is exempt from tax @ https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-exempt-from-vehicle-tax.

You also need to take one of the following:

  • your vehicle log book (V5C) (it must be in your name)
  • the green ‘new keeper’ slip from a log book if you’ve just bought it

vehicle-tax uk

How to cancel your vehicle tax

You must tell DVLA that your vehicle has been:

  • sold or transferred to someone else
  • taken off the road, for example you’re keeping it in a garage – this is called a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN)
  • written off by your insurance company
  • scrapped at a vehicle scrapyard
  • stolen – you’ll have to apply for a refund separately
  • exported out of the UK
  • registered as exempt from vehicle tax

What happens after you’ve told DVLA

  1. Your vehicle tax will be cancelled by DVLA. If you pay by Direct Debit, the Direct Debit will be cancelled automatically.
  2. You’ll automatically get a refund cheque for any full months left on your vehicle tax. The refund is calculated from the date DVLA gets your information. The cheque is sent to the name and address on the vehicle log book.

Get a duplicate log book

You need to get a log book (V5C) if the original has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed by you or your insurance company.

You can get a duplicate log book online if you do not need to change anything in the log book. The log book will be posted to the address which the DVLA has on record.

1 Trackback / Pingback

  1. dge1.tn.nic.in 10th Result 2021 : TN Tamil Nadu SSLC Result 2021

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.