www.ebtedge.com Activate Card : Ways You Can Activate Your First WV EBT Card
After you apply for SNAP or WV WORKS benefits and are approved, you will receive your first Mountain State EBT card in the mail 5-10 days after it is ordered. Once you get your card, you will need to activate it before you can use it. Activating your card is easy and will only take you a few minutes.
There are two ways you can activate your first WV EBT card.
- You can call the number on the back of your card (1-866-545-6502).
- You can go to www.ebtEDGE.com and use the Cardholder Portal.
To activate your card by calling the number on the back:
- Dial 1-866-545-6502 and listen to the automated system.
- Press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish.
- Enter your 16- digit card number on the front of your card.
- Enter your Date of Birth. The format is mm/dd/yy.
- Enter your Social Security Number when prompted.
- Select 4 numbers as your Personal Identification Number (PIN) when prompted.
- When prompted, re-enter the numbers you selected as your PIN.
To activate your card your card by using the Cardholder Portal:
- Go to www.ebtEDGE.com.
- In the left-hand column, click on “Cardholder Login”.
- Enter your 16-digit card number. Click the Login button.
- Click the “PIN Select” which is found in the green stripe.
- Enter your Date of Birth. The format is mm/dd/yy. Use the tab key to move between fields.
- Enter your Social Security Number.
- Select 4 numbers as your PIN.
- Re-enter the 4 numbers you selected for your PIN.
- Click on “Update”.