www.ebtedge.com Activate Card Michigan
People who receive food assistance can check their benefits balance on their Michigan Bridge Card by going online to www.michigan.gov/mibridges or by contacting a consumer service representative toll-free at 888-678-8914.
After you apply for SNAP or WV WORKS benefits and are approved, you will receive your first Michigan EBT card in the mail 5-10 days after it is ordered. Once you get your card, you will need to activate it before you can use it. Activating your card is easy and will only take you a few minutes.
How do I request a new Bridge Card?
You can request a new Bridge Card by calling 1-888-678-8914. Click here for more information about replacing your Bridge Card.
Clients can view more benefit information than ever before in the new MI Bridges. For active cases, clients who are the heads of household can view benefit amounts, renewal dates, the date benefits are added to their Bridge card, and much more!
There are two ways you can activate your first WV EBT card
- You can call the number on the back of your card (1-866-545-6502).
- You can go to www.ebtEDGE.com and use the Cardholder Portal.
To activate your card by calling the number on the back
- Dial 1-866-545-6502 and listen to the automated system.
- Press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish.
- Enter your 16- digit card number on the front of your card.
- Enter your Date of Birth. The format is mm/dd/yy.
- Enter your Social Security Number when prompted.
- Select 4 numbers as your Personal Identification Number (PIN) when prompted.
- When prompted, re-enter the numbers you selected as your PIN.
PIN Select – New Card
If this is a brand new card, the PIN Select screen will let you choose a PIN.
To access the PIN select page:
1. Enter your 16 digit EBT Card number in the EBT Card # field in the Cardholder Log In page.
2. Click the Login button. The PIN Select page displays.
To activate your card your card by using the Cardholder Portal:
- Go to www.ebtEDGE.com.
- In the left-hand column, click on “Cardholder Login”.
- Enter your 16-digit card number. Click the Login button.
- Click the “PIN Select” which is found in the green stripe.
- Enter your Date of Birth. The format is mm/dd/yy. Use the tab key to move between fields.
- Enter your Social Security Number.
- Select 4 numbers as your PIN.
- Re-enter the 4 numbers you selected for your PIN.
- Click on “Update”.
- You have a child in your household that is under the age of 18, or 18 years old and attending high school.
- You are pregnant or parents of a child in foster care who is expected to return home within one year from date of application.
- You are 65 or older, or permanently or temporarily disabled, or taking care of a person with a disability in your household.
- You are receiving disability benefits and have a child under the age of 18 in your household.
Benefits are calculated based on your household’s total income, expenses, and assets.
- A decision is typically made within 30-60 days.
- The timing will depend upon which program you are eligible for at the time of applying.
How can I check the food or cash assistance benefits balance on my Bridge card?
You can find the remaining balance of your benefits on your Bridge card by calling 1-888-678-8914 or by checking the balance listed on the receipt from the last time you used your Bridge card.