www.ebt.ca.gov Activate Card : How do I Activate the EBT card?
This is your P-EBT Card for Delaware’s P-EBT Program. This card has food assistance benefits on it. You have received this card because you have a child or children in your household who are eligible for free or reduced school meals. Because they are not in school right now, you are receiving food assistance benefits.
If you have any questions about your participation in the P-EBT Program, please contact Delaware Division of Social Services at 1-866-843-7212.
You can also find P-EBT information at dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dss/.
IMPORTANT! This card and food assistance benefit cannot be transferred to anyone else. If you do not want to participate in the P-EBT Program or use the benefit, cut through the magnetic stripe on the card and dispose of the card in a secure manner.
Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Card
The EBT system is used in California for the delivery, redemption, and reconciliation of issued public assistance benefits, such as CalFresh, CalWORKs, and other food and cash aid benefits. EBT accessible in California, the other 49 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Guam. Recipients of public assistance in California access their issued benefits with the Golden State Advantage EBT card.
How do I activate the EBT card?
1. Call 1-800-526-9099.
2. If the card is in your name, enter the EBT number on the front of the card, then the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number and your date of birth.
3. Next you will select a 4-digit PIN.
4. If the card is in your child’s name, you will need the EBT card number on the front of the card, your zip code, and the date of birth of the child named on the card.
5. You will need to enter 0000 when prompted for the last 4 digits of the Social Security Number.
6.You will need to set a 4-digit PIN.
Once activated, the card can be used to purchase eligible food items anywhere SNAP/EBT cards are accepted. If the card is in your child’s name, the child does not need to be present when using the card. You will need to use the PIN number you created when activating the card. The card can be used in the point of sale device, just like a debit card, or can be handed to the cashier.
When to call EBT Customer Service:
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• To activate your card and select a PIN.
• To check your balance and transactions.
• To report your card lost, stolen, or damaged.
• To change your PIN.
• To ask questions or report problems with your card
If your EBT card is Lost or Stolen
Call customer service right away at (877) 328-9677.
Wait through two card number prompts without entering your EBT card number and you will hear a prompt to report your card as lost or stolen. Once reported, your EBT card is disabled and you are told how to get a new card. It is important that you call customer service as soon as possible! If someone uses your card and personal identification number (PIN) to get benefits, these benefits may not be replaced.
If your EBT card is damaged and it does not work (cannot be read) at retail or ATM locations, you should request a replacement EBT card as soon as possible.