In a bid to make the process of Covid-19 testing faster and transparent, the Karnataka government Wednesday announced the establishment of an online portal to help people collect their Covid test results.
“Now, Covid-19 test results can be obtained by feeding in the Specimen Referral Form (SRF) ID at https://covidwar.karnataka.gov.in/service1,” officials of the Department of Health and Family Welfare Services informed.
The state has set a target of achieving 35,000 antigen tests to determine Covid-19 on a daily basis. However, on Tuesday only only 28,867 such tests were conducted.
The state had also promised over 50,000 daily tests (including Rapid Antingen Detection Tests, RT-PCR and other methods) — to Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his latest meeting with the states to review the pandemic situation on August 11 — in a consistent manner.
While 59,088 total tests were done on Tuesday (August 18) alone, the same was 37,700 and 43,626 on Monday (August 17) and Sunday (August 16) respectively.
As on Tuesday, over 2.4 lakh people have tested positive in the state since the first case was reported in capital city Bengaluru on March 8. As many as 4201 deaths have been linked to the coronavirus pandemic officialy to date.
18 to 45 Vaccine Registration Date is from April 28, 2021 and Vaccination Starts from May 01
Registration for vaccination for all those aged above 18 will begin on the CoWIN platform and Aarogya Setu App from April28. The inoculation process and documents to be provided to get the jab remains the same.
How to Register or Download the Vaccine Certificate
1. First Open the Site https://selfregistration.cowin.gov.in/
2. Enter your Mobile Number and click Get OTP.
3. You will receive a 6 digit OTP to your Mobile Number.
4. After entering the OTP you will go to next page where you have to enter the ID Details for Vaccination.
5. Fill out all your information on the ‘Register for Vaccination’ page including photo ID proof, check all your details before clicking on ‘Register’.
6. After registering, you will get an option to make an appointment, click on ‘Schedule’ next to the name of the person you want to schedule.
7. Select your most convenient centre with date and time and then click on ‘Confirm’.
8. You can register up to four names through one login and can reschedule your appointment.
9. If you already had the first dose of vaccination, you can download the certificate in this page.
10. You have to click the Download Certificate and download it and keep it for future use.
How it Works
1. Register to get vaccine
Register using your Mobile no. or Aadhaar no. or any other Identity docs.
Visit the Vaccination centre on scheduled date and time and get Vaccination done
3. Get Certificate
Upon each vaccination event get vaccination certificate
Since Co-WIN has now been integrated with Aarogya Setu, it will mean that irrespective of the healthcare provider they use to get the Covid-19 jab, they will be saved from wading through the maze of various apps and interfaces.
According to senior officials, for the government this will mean that the Co-WIN platform that it set up can continue to be used to track beneficiary and vaccine information and ensure there is no duplication and therefore no leakages or misuse. It will also streamline the crucial process of issuing vaccination certificates that could come in handy for travel, seeking employment or returning to offices.