www.bankofamerica.com/activate Credit Card – Activating Your Credit Card – Bank of America
The quickest way to activate your personal credit card is with your Online Banking ID and Passcode. We’ll confirm your identity, verify your card and get you on your way. If you don’t use Online Banking yet, simply enroll to activate your credit card.
- No more waiting for checks in the mail
- Use everywhere VISA debit cards are accepted – in stores, online, or by phone
- Get access to cash at ATMs, point of sale* terminals, and at Visa banks and credit unions
- Use your card to pay bills.
Bank of America Activate Credit Card
The quickest way to activate your personal credit card is with your Online Banking ID and Passcode. Bank of America will confirm your identity, verify your card and get you on your way. If you don’t use Online Banking yet, simply enroll to activate your credit card.
Bank of America offers several convenient ways to activate a debit card:
On Bank of America website
Log in to Online Banking to activate your card
Not an Online Banking customer? Enroll in Online Banking today
On your mobile device
If you’re on a mobile device, Log in to the mobile app to activate your card
Use your card
Using your new debit card with your current PIN to make a purchase or at any Bank of America ATM will automatically activate your card.
Contact Bank of America
Schedule an appointment at a financial center or call 800.432.1000 (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-11 p.m. or Sat-Sun 8 a.m.-8 p.m., all times ET). Outside the U.S. call 1.315.724.4022 (international collect; cell phone roaming charges may apply).
* A point of sale is a business or place where a product or service can be purchased.
If you’re already using Online Banking, simply sign in using your Online Banking ID and Passcode to speed up the activation process.
The following items are in your EDD Debit Card welcome packet:
- EDD Debit Card
- Instructions and information
- Wallet-size Quick Reference Guide with customer service and fee schedule information
- California Employment Development Department Debit Card Deposit Agreement
When you receive your card, carefully read all information to ensure proper activation and use of the card. We recommend you activate your card immediately.
How can I transfer my funds to my checking or savings account?
You may transfer some or all of your benefits to your checking or savings account by performing a one-time or recurring direct deposit transfer online at www.bankofamerica.com/eddcard or by calling customer service at 1.866.692.9374. Please Note: The Employment Development Department will not contact you under any circumstances to request personal bank account information. Any direct deposit transfer request must be initiated by you through Bank of America.
How do I use my EDD Debit Card?
To use a card with only a magnetic stripe:
Purchases with a PIN:
1. Swipe your card.
2. Choose “debit.” and enter your PIN.
3. If you want cash, select the amount and it will be added to your purchase.
4. Take your card, cash, and receipt.
To get cash or check your balance at an ATM:
1. Insert your card and enter your PIN.
2. Select “checking” to make a withdrawal or “checking” and “balance inquiry” to check your balance.
3. Enter amount you wish to withdraw.
4. Take your card, cash, and receipt.
Purchases with a signature:
1. Present or swipe your card.
2. Choose “credit.”
3. Sign, take your card, and receipt.
To use a chip-enabled card (new and replacement cards, only):
1. Insert your card in the terminal.
2. Follow the prompts to complete the transaction. You may be asked to enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) or verify the transaction as you normally would. If you would like cash back from a Merchant, choose “debit” and enter your PIN, and the amount entered will be added to your purchase if your balance is sufficient. Otherwise, you may select credit.
3. Remove your card from the terminal once your transaction is complete.
If a terminal is not chip enabled, you can swipe your card and follow instructions as prompted.
To get cash at a Visa bank and credit union:
1. Ask the teller for a “Visa Manual Cash Disbursement.”
2. Present your card and say how much you want from your available balance. The teller will not charge you a fee for this service.
3. Take your card, cash, and receipt.
Transferring your money:
You may choose to transfer some or all of your benefits to your checking or savings account by performing a direct deposit transfer online at www.bankofamerica.com/eddcard or by calling live customer service at 1.866.692.9374.