www.aka.ms/yourpc : Microsoft Phone Link App Requirements and Setup
The Phone Link experience starts on your Windows PC and the Phone Link app. From your PC, you can connect to select Android and Samsung devices with the Link to Windows app that’s either preinstalled on your device or that you can download from the Google Play or Samsung Galaxy Store.
This link between your Android device and PC gives you instant access to everything you love. Read and reply to text messages with ease, view recent photos from your Android device, use your favorite mobile apps, make and receive calls, and manage your Android device’s notifications right on your PC.
The Phone Link app requires the following to work:
- A PC running Windows 10 (with the May 2019 Update or later) or Windows 11.
- An Android device runningAndroid 7.0 (Nougat) or later.
- Your phone and your PC both need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
We recommend always having the latest version of Windows installed to make sure you get the best experience with the Phone Link app.
Note: The Phone Link app doesn’t currently support multiple Android profiles or work/school accounts.
How to link your devices
Make sure to have both your PC and Android device nearby, turned on, and connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
If you start from your PC:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Phone Link, and then select the Phone Link app from the results.
- You may be asked to sign in to your Microsoft account if you haven’t already signed in with Windows.
- Install or open the Link to Windows mobile app on your Android device. To do this, open a web browser on your Android device and then enter the link that’s displayed on your PC (www.aka.ms/yourpc).
- Sign in to the mobile app with the same Microsoft account that you signed in to on your PC.
- Once you’ve signed in, go back to your PC, select the I have the Link to Windows app ready check box., and then select Pair with QR code.
Note: If you’d like to pair your device without using a QR code, select Pair manually on your PC instead. You’ll be prompted to enter a code on your Android device.
- A popup window with a QR code will appear on your PC screen.
- In the mobile app on your Android device, select Link your phone and PC. When asked, Is the QR code on your PC ready? select Continue.
- You’ll be asked permission for the app to access your camera. After accepting, an in-app camera will open. Use this camera to scan the QR code displayed on your PC.
- After scanning the QR code, you may be asked for additional Android permissions. These permissions allow you to access content from your phone on your PC.
- Follow the prompts on your Android device and then select Done. Then return to your PC to explore the Phone Link app.
If you’re adding another Android device:
- If necessary, open the Google Play Store, search for Link to Windows, and then download the app.
- You’ll be asked to scan a QR code that’s displayed on your PC. To get to that QR code, open a browser on your PC and visit www.aka.ms/yourphoneqrc.
- On your Android device, use the in-app camera to scan the QR code displayed on your PC.
- After scanning the QR code, you may be asked for several permissions. These permissions allow you to access content from your phone on your PC.
Tip: The Phone Link app is designed to be experienced as part of your PC’s Windows taskbar. For some users who have linked an Android device to the PC, the app may get pinned to the taskbar of your PC. If you prefer to unpin the app, right-click its icon, and then select Unpin from taskbar.