Watch YouTube Unblocked : How to unblock YouTube videos
YouTube is a global platform with more than 2 billion unique users from all over the world every month. This doesn’t mean, though, that everyone can watch every YouTube video.
Depending on the country you are in, you may not be able to watch certain videos. This is because YouTube looks at your IP address to figure out where you are and which videos you can watch. This is called blocking or restricting by location.
Why can’t I watch videos on YouTube?
Most of the time, YouTube blocks content because of two things:
This is usually done with entertainment content that belongs to a big company. The owner of the video has either chosen to limit access to a small number of countries or does not have permission to share it in certain countries. Many music videos are blocked because they don’t have the right licences. For example, Wiz Khalifa’s official video for “Black and Yellow” is blocked in most of Africa, parts of Central America, and the Caribbean.
Conforming to local laws:
If a video breaks a local law, YouTube will sometimes block it. For example, it is against the law in Thailand to insult the king, so videos that say bad things about the king are blocked in Thailand.
At Proton, we think the internet is best when people can say what they want and share ideas. When companies like YouTube put up geoblocks on content, this freedom is taken away. Proton VPN is a strong supporter of free speech, and we don’t agree with any kind of censorship on the internet.
How to unblock YouTube videos
A VPN is the fastest, easiest, and most reliable way to get around YouTube restrictions. By using a VPN, you can connect to a server in another country and change your IP address so that YouTube thinks you are watching videos from that country.
You can get around geo-restrictions on all YouTube videos by connecting to a server in a country where the videos you want to watch are not blocked.
1. To use a VPN to watch a blocked YouTube video, you must first sign up for a VPN you can trust. Here is where you can sign up for Proton VPN.
2. Then you need to get the VPN app and put it on your device. Here is where you can get Proton VPN, which will let you unblock YouTube videos on your phone, computer, or even your Android TV.
3. After you install the VPN app, you need to log in and connect to a VPN server in a country where the video you want to watch is not blocked.
4. You can now watch any YouTube videos that aren’t blocked in that country.
When you use a VPN to get around YouTube’s geo-restrictions, you will:
1. Keep your viewing history private
2. Find it easy to switch between servers in different countries to get to different content.
3. Have a fast enough connection to easily stream videos.
You should know that a VPN can see everything you do online while you’re connected. This is why you should only use VPNs you trust that don’t keep logs, like Proton VPN, which doesn’t.