Truconnect Activation Hotspot and SIM Card: How Do I Activate My Truconnect Phone
To Activate your TruConnect’s Hotspot and SIM Card, login into the webpage my.truconnect.com or Call the Customer Care Agents at (800) 430-0443 Monday-Saturday 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PST to activate your new SIM Card.
TruConnect is the fastest-growing wireless Lifeline provider in the US, delivering affordable wireless products and services to all Americans. The company is committed to expanding availability of mobile and broadband services and helping more Americans gain access to critical resources for healthcare, employment, and education while staying connected to family and friends.
With no-contract plans for voice, text, and data, as well as easy-to-use and affordable devices like handsets and hotspots, TruConnect is bridging the digital divide for many Americans who have otherwise been unable to afford such services, or have been previously overlooked by traditional providers.
TruConnect’s free wireless plans are here to keep you connected wherever you go. Apply today and if eligible, receive all the following for FREE:
New Android™ Smartphone
Talk & Text
Up To 14 GB Monthly
Free International Calling*
Step 1: Put your device’s SIM card that works with TruConnect into it.
Step 2: Turn on your phone or tablet.
Step 3: Dial 611.
Step 4: At this point, you should get a message that says “Welcome to TruConnect.” Call their customer service if you don’t get a message.
Apply quickly and easily online for your plan by answering a few questions and submitting your eligibility documents for Lifeline or the ACP benefit.
Approval, Shipping, and Activation
Once approved, we’ll ship you your brand-new device or SIM card, at no cost to you. When your order arrives, just follow the instructions provided to get up and running in no time!
Use Each Month
As the adage goes, use it or lose it. Keep your TruConnect service by doing all the things you love on your device every month. With unlimited talk and text, plus up to 14GB of data, the options are endless!
Those who would qualify for the EBB program include those:
- Enrolled in or eligible for the Federal Lifeline program (based on income below federal poverty guidelines, dependency on Medicaid and other assistance programs, or residents of tribal lands)
- Approved for free or reduced-price school breakfast/lunch program or the Federal Pell Grant
- Affected by COVID-related loss of income
Our ACP plans vary based on your state of residence and available options at the time of your opt-in*.
Our FREE ACP plans include:
- California Lifeline Customers: TruConnect’s California FREE ACP plan includes at least 14 GB of 4G/LTE data (ACP plan adds at least 8 GB to your Lifeline plan) with Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- Lifeline Customers Outside of California: TruConnect’s FREE ACP plans includes at least 12.5 GB of 4G/LTE data (ACP plan adds at least 8 GB of data to your Lifeline plan) with Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- Stand-Alone Service: TruConnect’s FREE ACP plans includes at least 8 GB of 4G/LTE data, Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities, and your choice of an LTE-enabled hotspot device or Google Play Certified LTE Android smartphone**
What Is Lifeline?
Lifeline is a government program focused on connecting qualified low-income customers by subsidizing phone service. TruConnect offers Lifeline in 36 states, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
To receive a free smartphone and monthly service, you must meet the income-based or program-based eligibility guidelines. The program is limited to one Lifeline benefit per household.
Qualifying programs include:
- Medicaid / Medi-Cal.
- SNAP / CalFresh.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Veteran and Survivors Pension Benefit.
- Multiple Tribal Assistance Programs.
What Is The ACP Benefit?
The FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a new federal government program committed to bringing connectivity to low-income Americans. Qualifying households can get connected by answering a few questions and submitting your eligibility documents.
To receive a free smartphone and monthly service, you must meet the income-based or program-based eligibility guidelines. This includes qualifying programs for Lifeline, plus the following:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program
- Federal Pell Grant