Troubleshooting your Wireless Network Connection on VIZIO TV’s
How to connect my VIZIO TV to the internet:
- Press the menu key on your VIZIO remote.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate down to the ‘Network’ option, and press the OK key on your remote.
- You will see a list of available wireless networks. Highlight your network, and press the OK key.
- You will likely be prompted to enter in your network’s password at this point. Keep in mind the password is case sensitive, and requires special characters be entered in.
- Your TV will now connect to the network. If you are experiencing any issues with these steps, the below troubleshooting might help.
If you are unable to connect to your wireless network:
What type of network are you trying to connect to?
- Wireless Hotspots – If you are trying to connect to a wireless mobile hotspot (Like the ones provided by cell phone companies) be aware that the signal strength can vary depending on the cellular signal. VIZIO cannot guarantee the connection will stay as strong or stable as if you are connecting through a traditional home network with router and modem.
- Personal Network – VIZIO recommends connecting through a personal network as this is the most common type of connection.
Check to see if you internet connection is currently working.
- Go to another device connected to your internet (like a computer, tablet, gaming system, or even another smart TV) and pull up a web page. If that device is also having issues, your internet may be experiencing an outage, we’d recommend contacting your ISP.
Verify you are using the correct password / wireless key.
- Passwords are case sensitive (capital letters must be capitalized & lower case letters must be in lower case).
- Make sure that you are entering any special character Like $, #, *, <, &.
- Ensure this is your ‘Network’ password, and not a password to log in to you computer or an email account.
- If you are at all unsure about your password- it may be written on the bottom or back of your router as the ‘Network Key’ or ‘Password’.
Power cycle your router.
- Unplug the routers power cord from the outlet or the back of the router, whichever is easier to unplug, and then remove any battery backup the router may have. If you are unsure of which cable is the power cord trace the cords connected to the outlet/power strip/surge protector until you find the one connected to the router and unplug it.
- Once the power cord and battery backup (varies from router to router) are removed, slowly count to 10 then reconnect the power cord and battery backup.
Reset your TV to Factory Defaults.
- Press the Menu button on the VIZIO Remote.
- Highlight and Select the System option (may be labeled ‘Help’ on some older models)
- Highlight and Select Reset & Admin then Reset TV to Factory Defaults or Clear Memory(Factory Default)