travel.state.gov Passport Fees and Login : How to Apply for A Passport – Travel.gov
If you need to apply for or renew your U.S. passport in another country, visit the webpage travel.state.gov of the U.S. embassy or consulate in that country for more information.
1. Application For A U.S. Passport (DS-11)
- You should complete this form if you’re applying for the first time, you’re applying for your child who is under age 16, or you don’t meet our requirements to renew your passport.
2. Renewal Application (DS-82)
- You should complete this form if you meet our requirements to renew your passport. Keep in mind that children under age 16 cannot renew their passports and must apply using Form DS-11.
- We are launching a limited release of an online passport renewal application.
3. Data Corrections, Some Name Changes, and Limited-Validity Passports (DS-5504)
- You may be eligible to use this form if you need to change or correct your passport, or you need to replace a passport that was limited to less than 10 years validity (which is the normal validity period for an adult’s passport.)
What fees should I pay?
I’m an adult (16 and older) and I’m applying for the first time
|Product||Form||Application Fee||Execution (Acceptance) Fee|
|Passport Book & Card||DS-11||$160||$35|
I’m an adult (16 and older) and I’m renewing my passport
|Passport Book & Card||DS-82||$160|
My child is under 16 and I’m applying for his or her passport
I need to rush my passport or pay for a special service
|Expedited Service||$60||See Get my Passport Fast. Primarily for applicants in the U.S. This service is also available for eligible U.S. citizens living in Canada who renew by mail using Form DS-82.
We do not charge a fee to make an appointment. If you are asked to pay for an appointment, you should consider the request to be fraudulent.
|1-2 Day Delivery||$18.32||You will receive your passport 1-2 days after we send it. Include the $18.32 fee with your passport fee in your check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for fastest return shipping. Do not submit a return envelope to us with $18.32 of postage pre-paid. Note: We do not offer this service for customers applying for a passport card only. We send cards via First Class Mail.|
|File Search||$150.00||See Request a File Search for more information.|
Applying or Renewing at a Passport Agency
You can pay using:
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) and Debit Cards displaying the Visa or MasterCard logo
- Checks (personal, certified, cashiers, travelers), payable to “U.S. Department of State”
- Money orders (U.S. Postal, international, currency exchanges), payable to “U.S. Department of State”
- Do not cancel your check or money order after you have applied as you may have to pay additional fees.
- Cash (exact amount only- no change provided)
- Pre-paid credit card or gift card displaying the Visa or MasterCard logo