tracfone.com Activate : How is my phone Activated for use?
TracFone is the pay-as-you-go no-contract wireless phone service that requires no long term contracts, no credit checks, no activation fees, no monthly bills, and no age limits!
TracFone offers nationwide service, low per-minute rates, and includes nationwide long distance at no additional cost. TracFone is a simple and convenient wireless service and can be found everywhere at nearly 100,000 retailers nationwide. TracFone also features International Calls service.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit, is a temporary emergency federal government benefit program operated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) aimed at helping families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. This new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more.
The programming information is forwarded by TracFone to the local wireless carrier to Activate your phone. You do not need to call any local wireless carriers to check on your Activation. Please refer all questions to TracFone’s Customer Care Center at 1-800-867-7183
1. Select “ACTIVATE” from our website and follow the instructions to Activate your TracFone.
2. Simply go to our website at https://www.tracfone.com/ and select “ACTIVATE” from the options provided.
3. Select the type of device are you going to activate – I Have a Tracfone Phone or I’m Bringing My Own Smartphone or I Have Other Devices
4. Now Press Continue by selecting the right option.
5. Enter your device’s IMEI/MEID/Serial Number and accept the Terms and Conditions. (You can find the IMEI/MEID/Serial Number on the red Activation card that came with the device)
6. Now select the Plan you want to use and Press Continue.
7. Now enter your Device details.
8. Finalize the process and select Activate.
9. The Phone will be activated. In most areas, your service will be Active instantly. In some other areas, it may take up to 24 hours.
Please wait an additional 24 hours and try the test call again. You may have called before the Customer Care Center was able to Activate your phone. If the problem continues and you still receive a recorded message, call our Customer Care Center at 1-800-867-7183 from a phone other than your TracFone and the representative will assist you in correcting the situation.
The number assigned to your wireless phone upon Activation may not match the number displayed on your phone due to a technology issue in your area. Please use the number given to you upon Activation as your wireless phone number.
- If your phone is an Unlocked GSM Phone or compatible with AT&T, use the AT&T Compatible SIM.
- If your phone is an Unlocked GSM Phone or compatible with T-Mobile, use the T-Mobile Compatible SIM.
- If your phone is an Unlocked GSM Phone or compatible with Verizon, use the Verizon Compatible SIM.
- If you have a CDMA LTE compatible phone use the CDMA Compatible LTE SIM.