SMBYOP com Activate SIM Card : How do I activate my Simple Mobile BYOP service?
BYOP stands for Bring Your Own Phone. With SIMPLE Mobile’s Bring Your Own Phone program, you can get SIMPLE Mobile service on your current phone as long as it is compatible. Compatible phones include: GSM Unlocked phones, including unlocked AT&T-compatible phones, and T-Mobile-compatible phones.
To check if your phone is compatible, click here. Then, follow the onscreen prompts. If your phone is compatible, the process will allow you to register it. If your phone is not compatible, you will receive a message indicating so as soon as you enter the IMEI or MEID and zip code.
Review the following guidelines to check if you’ll need a SIMPLE Mobile BYOP SIM.
- If your phone is an Unlocked GSM Phone, or a phone compatible with T-Mobile, you will need a SIMPLE Mobile BYOP T-Mobile compatible SIM.
- If your phone is an Unlocked AT&T-compatible phone, you will need a SIMPLE Mobile BYOP AT&T compatible SIM.
SMBYOP com Activate SIM Card :
1. To activate your SIMPLE Mobile service, please click here.
2. Then, select the type of device you want to activate and follow the instructions.
3. Make sure to select the correct option if you are transferring your line.
4. Please note that you will need a SIMPLE Mobile Airtime Card or credit or debit card to activate your service.
5. Remember to select your SIM card if you need one, and register your phone before activation.
Your SIM kit will come with a total of 3 pre-cut SIM cards, including nano, micro, and standard. Simply use the SIM card that is the correct size for your phone.
If your phone is an Unlocked GSM Phone or compatible with T-Mobile, use the T-Mobile Compatible SIM.
- Press and hold the “1” key. Your phone will automatically call “Voicemail.”
- Once the call is connected, follow the prompts.
Note: You need to make at least one call before you attempt to set up your voicemail. If the setup is unsuccessful, please contact our Customer Care Center for assistance.
You may also activate using the SIMPLE Mobile Automated Assistant, just select “Activate Now” below.
For Androids: Go to Settings > About Device (or About Phone) > Status. Some devices may have this information under IMEI Information.
For Feature phones: Go to Menu > Prepaid > Serial Number.
For BYOP devices: Remove the SIM card from your device and look for IMEI, MEID, or ESN. For some phones, the number is located below the removable battery.
GSM BYOP: If your phone is compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, or Claro, enter the last 15 digits of your SIM number.
CDMA BYOP: If your phone is Verizon or Sprint-compatible and LTE, enter the IMEI. For non-LTE phones, enter the MEID DEC.