Simplyhealthcareplans.com/Medicaid Activate Card OTC: 2023 Over-the-Counter – Simply Healthcare plans
Once you are approved for Simply Healthcare Medicaid, you can activate your Medicaid OTC Card by login into Simplyhealthcareplans.com/Medicaid and enter the card details on the page.
1. Apply for Medicaid benefits
To enroll in Simply, you must get Medicaid benefits. If you don’t have Medicaid yet, you can apply online at www.myflorida.com/accessflorida.
2. Choose Simply as your health plan
When you qualify for Medicaid, you will be given the option to enrol in a managed care plan. You will be automatically enrolled in a plan if you don’t select one. Within the initial 120-day enrollment period, you have the option to switch plans.
There are two easy ways to enroll with us:-
- Online: go to the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care website at www.flmedicaidmanagedcare.com
- By phone: call the Choice Counseling Helpline toll-free at 1-877-711-3662 (TTY 711) Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m and Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. An enrollment broker can answer any questions you have
Three convenient ways to place an order.
Choose the way that works best for you:
1 In store:
You can pick up your OTC items at any OTCHS enabled store. To find your nearest location, go to https://www.cvs.com/otchs/simply.
How to use your OTC Health Solutions benefits in store:
1. Refer to your health plan catalog
2. Identify approved items in the catalog. Only the items listed in your catalog are available through your plan
3. Go to any OTCHS enabled CVS Pharmacy®, CVS Pharmacy y mas®, or Navarro® store
IMPORTANT: Not all CVS stores participate in this benefit. To find your nearest location, go to https://www.cvs.com/otchs/simply/storelocator or contact OTCHS at 1-866-298-0578 (TTY: 711).
4. Look for the OTC indicator on the top right of the shelf label and review the SKU number for item eligibility. Products may be located in the dedicated OTCHS section or in aisle throughout the store. Not all items may be available through your plan, please refer to this catalog for the approved list of items.
5. You can redeem your benefit at any register.
Orders can be placed by calling 1-866-298-0578. You can speak to a live agent Monday to Friday, from 9 AM to 8 PM local time. Please have your ID and order ready when placing your order by phone. You can always use our automated IVR system 24/7 to:
• Place an order
• Track an order
• Cancel an order
• Hear benefit information
• Order a catalog
Unborn Activation Process
Cards initially issued to unborn babies contain the mother’s name with “Babyof” (e.g., BabyAofJane Smith) and providers are able to use the card with its card control number to obtain the baby’s Medicaid ID number. The Medicaid number will not be active until after the baby is born, however. Once born, providers can activate the Medicaid coverage by following the instructions listed below:-
1. Using the card control number, look up the baby’s eligibility record using the Web portal, MEVS, FaxBack, or AVRS (for further information on verifying eligibility, please see the Florida Medicaid Provider General Handbook, Chapter 3)
- If the message tells you that the baby is eligible, no further action is required. Be sure to write down the baby’s Medicaid identification number for billing purposes.
- NOTE: If the baby’s ID is active but Medicaid eligibility is not on file for the dates of service or certain demographic information. appears incorrect such as date of birth, the Unborn Activation process can NOT be used to make these corrections. Further updates/corrections must be coordinated with DCF.
- If the baby’s number is inactive, continue following these steps to activate the newborn’s Medicaid identification number.
2. Verify the mother was eligible for full Medicaid on the baby’s date of birth by using the Web Portal, MEVS, FaxBack, or AVRS. The Medicaid fiscal agent will not activate the baby’s coverage if the mother is not eligible or her eligibility category is MU (Presumptively Eligible Pregnant Woman) or her eligibility category is FP (Family Planning Services Only).
3. Providers and Medicaid managed care plans should submit a newborn activation request through the Newborn Activation feature in the Florida Medicaid Secure Web Portal and Florida Health Plan Portal. Additional instructions and a quick reference guide can be found on the Florida Medicaid Web Portal.
Within two working days after after a completed submission through the portal, the Medicaid fiscal agent will update the newborn’s name, gender, and birth date and activate the coverage. Once the newborn’s name is updated on file, a new Medicaid gold card is issued with the updated name.
If the mother is in a Medicaid managed care plan, the baby will be retroactively enrolled in the same managed care plan as the mother for the first three months of life unless the mother voluntarily enrolls the baby in a different managed care plan.