Side rail ads will start serving on wider screens on Google Adsense
Today, Google Adsense announcing a new ad format called side rails. Side rails are ads that stick to the sides of your pages when they’re viewed on widescreen devices, such as desktops. If you already have anchor ads turned on, side rails will automatically start to appear on your site after 13-12-2022.
If you’d prefer not to show side rails, you can turn off this option in your Auto ads settings.
What does this mean for me?
• From 13-12-2022, if you’re using anchor ads, this ad format will start to appear on your sites on wider screens such as desktop devices.
• You may see an increase in your auto ads revenue.
• The change will apply to all sites that have “Anchor ads” enabled in your AdSense account.
Also Read : How To Activate Rain SIM Card
What should I do next?
• There’s no action required from you for this change to take effect on your sites.
• If you’d prefer not to show side rails, you can turn off “Side rails” in your Auto ads settings.
|Turn this option off if you don’t want to show in-page ads.
|Turn this option off if you don’t want to show anchor ads.Anchor ads stick to the edge of the user’s screen and are easily dismissible. These ads mainly serve on mobile but can appear on desktop too.
They appear at the top of the user’s screen unless we determine that this would negatively affect the user experience, in which case we show them at the bottom. When shown at the top, anchor ads only appear after the user has scrolled down far enough, so that they never cover your site’s branding or navigation.
|Turn this option off if you don’t want anchor ads to appear on screens wider than 1000px, like desktop
|Side rail ads
|Turn this option off if you don’t want to show side rail ads.
Side rails are ads that stick to the sides of your pages when they’re viewed on widescreen devices, such as desktops.
|Turn this option off if you don’t want to show vignettes.Vignette ads are full-screen ads that appear between page loads and can be skipped by users at any time.
|Turn this option off if you don’t want vignette ads to appear on screens wider than 1000px, like desktop.
|Turn this option off if you don’t want to show Multiplex ads.Multiplex ads are a type of native ad format that serve multiple ads in a grid.
Introducing AdSense Page: a new resource in which you can find personalized information and new opportunities in your account to help to succeed with AdSense.
Also Read : How To Make Cash Send with Capitec
Before you start
Make sure your site is listed on your Ads page. If not, you’ll need to add the site to your sites list before you set up Auto ads.
How to set up Auto ads
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Ads.
- In the table of all your sites, click Edit next to your site. Your site opens in the ad settings preview.
Tip: You can use the preview to try out different ad settings before your Auto ads go live.
- Under “Ad settings”, turn on Auto ads.
- (Optional) Turn off Optimize your existing ad units? if you don’t want Google to optimize your existing ad units and your Auto ads together and place ads in the best performing ad placements.
- (Optional) Click Ad formats to turn off in-page and overlay ads, or to turn on Multiplex ads on your pages
- (Optional) Click Ad load and use the slider to control the number of ads you show on your pages.
- (Optional) In the “Page exclusions” section, click Manage to exclude specific pages from showing Auto ads.
Note: Don’t add any page exclusions if you plan to run an experiment. Page exclusions are not available for experiments. You can add page exclusions after your experiment has completed.
- Click Apply to site.
- Choose your save option:
- Click Apply now Save, to immediately apply your Auto ads settings to your site.Or
- Click Run experiment first Run experiment, to test your Auto ads settings.