saveonwegovy.com Activate Card : Wegovy Coverage and Savings
Wegovy™ (semaglutide) injection 2.4 mg is indicated as an adjunct to a reduced calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in adults with an initial body mass index (BMI) of ≥30 kg/m2
(obesity) or ≥27 kg/m2 (overweight) in the presence of at least one weight-related comorbid condition (e.g., hypertension, type 2 diabetes mellitus, or dyslipidemia).
Limitations of Use
• Wegovy™ contains semaglutide and should not be coadministered with other semaglutide-containing products or with any GLP-1 receptor agonist.
• The safety and effectiveness of Wegovy™ in combination with other products intended for weight loss, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, and herbal preparations, have not been established.
• Wegovy™ has not been studied in patients with a history of pancreatitis.
•Wegovy™ is contraindicated in patients with a personal or family history of MTC or in patients with MEN 2, and in patients with a prior serious hypersensitivity reaction to semaglutide or to any of the excipients in Wegovy™. Serious hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylaxis and angioedema have been reported with semaglutide.
Your patients with Saxenda® (liraglutide) injection 3 mg coverage may be eligible for a special WegovyTM savings offer
Go to WegovyCoverage.com to verify your patients’ pharmacy benefits. If your patients have coverage for Saxenda®, they may be eligible for the special Wegovy™ savings offer.
After coverage is confirmed:
• Send prescriptions to pharmacy
— A new prescription is required for each dose strength
• Give patients a Wegovy™ patient starter kit
• For patients who receive a starter kit, which includes a 1-month supply of four 0.25 mg Wegovy™ pens, record it in the EHR by checking the “samples given” box
— Write prescription for 0.5 mg
— Encourage your patients to check in throughout their dose-escalation schedule to assess progress and tolerability
After receiving a pre-populated prior authorization from CoverMyMeds®, please complete and submit it to help your patient with obtaining access to Wegovy™ after the first 6 fills.
For patients with Saxenda® (liraglutide) injection 3 mg coverage:
Complete the Wegovy™ savings request form available from your Novo Nordisk representative or download at GetWegovy.com and fax it to the NovoCare® Live Hub Patients with a prior authorization will still benefit from these savings
Forward the savings offer to your patients—you’ll receive it from the NovoCare® Live Hub within 4 hours
The NovoCare® Live Hub will also call patients the following day (and email if requested by patients) to confirm they received their personalized savings offer, to verify they have enrolled, and to provide details on the program
Remind your patients to activate the savings offer at SaveOnWegovy.com and have them provide their “activated” savings offer to the pharmacy when picking up their prescription