Pair your TV – BBC iPlayer Sign-In – How do I Sign In on my BBC TV?
You need to sign in on most TVs using the BBC iPlayer app. This is to give you a personalised experience, and to make sure we’re making something for everyone.
To sign in, all you need is:
- A TV with the BBC iPlayer app installed
- Your phone, tablet or computer.
- A BBC account.
Follow these steps to sign in on your TV
- Open the BBC iPlayer app on your TV.
- Select “Sign in”. You can find this in Settings or by selecting the “Sign in” icon in the menu.
- You’ll see a page with some instructions and an eight-character code.
- Now, on your phone, tablet or computer, visit www.bbc.com/account/tv
- If you’re not already signed in on your phone, tablet or computer, you’ll be asked to sign in to your BBC account. Don’t have a BBC account yet? Hit “Register” instead of “Sign in”.
- Once you’re signed in on your phone, tablet or computer, you’ll be asked to enter the eight-character code that’s showing on your TV.
- Enter the eight-character code shown on your TV, then hit “Confirm” and wait a few moments for your TV to refresh. This will only take about 10 seconds.
- Your TV will tell you when it’s all done. You can then set your phone, tablet or computer aside and get watching your TV.
What if the code doesn’t work?
Here are a few things to check:
- Make sure only one person is trying to sign in with the code. If two or more people try to use the same code it won’t work.
- Each code is unique and expires after 60 minutes. If it’s been on your TV screen for more than 60 minutes you’ll need to press “Back” and hit “Sign in” again on your TV to get a new code.
- The code should be 8 characters long. Make sure it’s no longer or shorter.
- If you see a message saying “Sorry, something isn’t working right now. Please try again later.” that means we’re having technical issues. So you’ll need to try again later.
How do I create a BBC account?
You can register in a few simple steps here. Be sure to remember your new password for next time, but don’t write it down anywhere in case someone finds it.
We’ll first ask if you’re over or under 18. Based on that, we’ll ask for the following information…
If you’re over 18 and in the UK
You need to provide your email address, postcode and a password.
If you’re between 13 and 18 and in the UK.
We ask for your email address, password and date of birth.
If you’re under 13
We ask you for a username (instead of an email address), password and date of birth.
If you’re outside the UK
We ask for your age, email address, country and a password.
If you’re outside the UK and under 16
A BBC account will not provide access to the child-specific content available in the UK. Please do not create a BBC account if you are outside the UK and under 16 as your account may be removed.