Ohio Train https //www.train.org/odh/home Login
Login to OhioTRAIN (https://www.train.org/odh/home ) with your username and password. Click on COURSE CATALOG at the top of the page. Enter 1081780 in the box and click on the magnifying glass to search for the course.
The Ohio Department of Health offers online Ohio-Approved Training opportunities for Early Childhood Education professionals. All courses are provided free of charge. New courses are constantly being add to the list as additional courses become available. New course sessions open in the Ohio Professional Registry (OPR) at least twice per month.
If you want to finish the Ohio TRAIN course before the end date of the OPR course, you should not sign up for it. If you can’t finish the course before the OPR course date, please wait until the next session to sign up for OPR.
Online courses are hosted in OhioTRAIN. To receive Ohio-Approved credit, you will needto register for the course in OPR, then register again in OhioTRAIN to access the online content andcomplete the course.
OhioTRAIN Course Navigation Aid
1. Login to OhioTRAIN (https://www.train.org/odh/home ) with your username and password.
2. Click on COURSE CATALOG at the top of the page.
3. Enter 1081780 in the box and click on the magnifying glass to search for the course.
4. The course will be displayed below. Click on Opioids and Ohio Children: Tools for School Nurses.
5. On the next screen, click on the green Register box below the course title.
6. In the popup box, click on the dropdown and select CNE Contact Hours. Click OK in the green box.
7. Under the course title you will see a green box that says Pre-Assessment. Click on that box.
- a. Click on the gray box that says Start Assessment.
b. After answering each question, click on the Next box at the bottom of the screen to move through the pre test.
c. When you get to your score, click on the red Close box at the top right of the screen.
8. After completing the pre-assessment, you are returned to the course’s home screen.
- a. Scroll down and you will see listed the four courses composing the course.
b. Choose a course and click on the gray box that says Not Started next to the title.
c. You will see the course description for this section of the course. Click on the green box that says Launch>.
9. View the video content of the course. When complete, click the X at the top of the window to close the video.
10. At the top of the screen you will see a tab labelled “Opioids and Ohio Children.” Click on that to return to the course Home page.
- Return to the title of the course you just completed, and this time click on the purple box that says View Course.
- On the far right below the title, click on the green box that says Mark Completed.
- Submit a review in the popup box if you desire. Click on either Cancel or Post.
- You will now see a green box that says Competed, Not Verified.
11. Below the course title, click on the red Back button to return to the course Home screen. Scroll down and select the next course you wish to view and follow steps 8 through 10 above.
12. After marking all four courses completed, on the course Home page click on the green box labelled Assessment.
- a. Complete the assessment as per step 7 above.
b. You must receive an 80% to pass the course and earn the CNEs. You have three opportunities to complete the post test.
c. If you do not pass after three attempts, we recommend that you review the videos again.
13. Once again you will see a popup box requesting that you rate the course. Click on either Cancel or Post.
a. You will find yourself again on the course Home page. Under the course title, click on the green box that says Take Evaluation.
b. Complete the evaluation as you did the pre and post tests (described in step 7 above).
14. After completing the evaluation, on the course Home page you will see the option to Print Certificate. You may print or save it from there.
As a reminder, you can always login to OhioTRAIN under YOUR LEARNING in the future to view all of the courses you have taken through OhioTRAIN and find your certificates there.
How do I sign up for a TRAIN account?
Log onto www.train.org Click on “Create an Account,” which appears underneath the login on the left hand side of the screen. Fill out the form and review and accept the TRAIN Policies. Depending on your selected affiliate(s), you may have additional information to fill out. When you have finished, click “Create Account.”
How do I register for/launch a course?
In your search results, click on the course name and you will be brought to the course details page. The course name is listed at the top of the page and underneath, to the right, will be action buttons for you to interact with the course. Depending on the course type, you with either be able to select the “Register” button or directly launch the course with the “Launch” button. Conferences, live courses, and exercises may have different steps, such as selecting sessions, which are found in the sessions tab below the course details.