NYS Child Support Debit Card 2023 Activate Login Account
You’ll receive your New York Child Support Prepaid Debit Card in the mail along with instructions on how to activate and use it. Once you receive the card, you can activate online at www.bankofamerica.com/nycsdebitcard
If custodial parents do not enroll in Direct Deposit, they will receive their support payments through the New York Child Support Debit Card. The debit card can be used anywhere Mastercard® debit cards are accepted.
Bank of America Mastercard®
Visit Bank of America’s site for information about your new debit card. You will be able to
- Use your debit card everywhere Mastercard® debit cards are accepted
- Access your child support payments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access your funds at any Bank of America or Allpoint ATM
How to Activate Your Debit Card
Activation of the card is simple and secure.
- You’ll receive your New York Child Support Prepaid Debit Card in the mail along with instructions on how to activate and use it. Once you receive the card, you can activate online at www.bankofamerica.com/nycsdebitcard or by calling (844) 323-7637 toll-free, TTY (866) 656-5913.
- For security reasons you’ll need:
- the 16-digit number that appears on the face of the card
- the 3-digit card security number that appears on the back of the card
- the last four digits of your social security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
- During the activation process, you’ll be asked to create a personal identification number (PIN). The PIN can be used to make ATM withdrawals and PIN purchases
- Once the card is activated, you’ll be given the account balance and may begin using the card immediately.
Why should I receive my child support payments by debit card?
Receiving your child support payments through the Bank of America Mastercard® debit card offers you important benefits:
- No check-cashing fees
- Increased security
- Faster access to your payments
- Flexibility—use the card in stores, online or by phone
- Pay bills in person or online
- Account information and customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
What should I do if my card is expiring and I haven’t received a replacement card?
One month before the expiration date (month/year) on the front of your debit card, Bank of America will mail a new card to the address we have on record for you. If your address has changed within the 30 days before the mailing, you may not receive your replacement card. You should call the New York Child Support Debit Card Customer Service Center to request a replacement card: 1-844-323-7637 (TTY line for the hearing impaired 1-866-656-5913 or collect 1-423-262-1650 outside of the United States).
What free services are included with the card?
There is no fee for any of these services:
- Purchase at merchants (signed, using PIN, online, phone, or mail purchases)
- ATM balance inquiries (all ATMs)
- Declined transactions (ATMs only)
- Teller cash access at financial institutions that accept Mastercard® debit cards
(limited to available balance only)
- Online, automated, live or international customer service inquiry
- Mobile app: Free download from Apple iTunes® and Google Play™
- View your balance and transaction history, suspend or reactivate your card, manage alerts, locate an ATM
- Account Alert Service
- Online funds transfer
- Sign in at Bank of America’s New York Child Support Debit Card site, go to the Account Summary page, and select the “Transfer Funds” option
- Mailed account statement
- International transaction fee
- Account closure check issuance
Know your balance
Merchants are generally not able to determine the balance on your card, so you should always verify the balance before using your New York Child Support Prepaid Debit Card. Attempting to use your card for purchases that exceed your balance may result in the card being declined. If you want to use your card for purchases that exceed your balance, you must tell the cashier or merchant the amount you want to pay on the New York Child Support Prepaid Debit Card, and then FIRST pay the remainder through other means, such as with cash check, or debit/credit card.
Cardholders can check the balance on their cards and review all their account transaction activity 24 hours a day online at www.bankofamerica.com/nycsdebitcard or by calling (844) 323-7637, TTY (866) 656-5913.
- There is no fee for online and telephone balance inquiries.
- Sign up for balance alerts (mobile text message and e-mail) by logging in to your account online.
- ATM balance inquiries:
- No fee for balance inquiries made at a Bank of America in-network ATM.
- For inquiries made at ATMs other than Bank of America in-network ATMs, the owner of the ATM may charge a fee. Bank of America won’t charge a fee.
How can I avoid paying fees to use the card?
Use your debit card where Mastercard® debit cards are accepted—in stores, online or by phone. There is no fee for a purchase with the card. (Keep in mind the free services included with the card.)
Avoid using the card to withdraw cash at an ATM. If you withdraw cash more than 2 times per calendar month at an in-network ATM (the Bank of America or Allpoint name and logo should be displayed on the machine) or at any out-of-network ATM, you will be charged a fee of 50 cents ($0.50) per transaction. Out-of-network ATMs may impose an additional “convenience fee” or “surcharge fee” for certain ATM transactions (a sign should be posted at the ATM to indicate additional fees).
To get cash back with a purchase at grocery stores, convenience stores or anywhere the Mastercard brand logo is displayed, choose “debit” when making your purchase and enter your PIN. Select the amount of cash back you would like and this amount will be added to your purchase.
There is no fee for a cash withdrawal at any financial institution that displays the Mastercard brand logo.
If you have questions or problems with your New York Child Support Bank of America Debit Card, contact the New York Child Support Debit Card Customer Service Center at 1-844-323-7637 (TTY line for the hearing impaired 1-866-656-5913 or collect 1-423-262-1650 outside of the United States).
What if I can’t activate my debit card?
If you are unable to activate your debit card, contact the New York Child Support Debit Card Customer Service Center at 1-844-323-7637 (TTY line for the hearing impaired 1-866-656-5913 or collect 1-423-262-1650 outside of the United States).