nswregionalseniors.cards Activate : How do I Activate my NSW Regional Seniorscard?
The regional seniors travel card:
• is a non-reloadable prepaid card
• has a magnetic strip on the back
• operates with a four digit PIN (Note: When using the Card the customer has to select “Credit” option on the terminal and enter their PIN. In some instances, PIN may not be required because of merchant terminal settings)
• can be used to pay for eligible transactions in stores via point-of-sale (EFTPOS) terminals that accept VISA, over the phone and online
• cannot be used to withdraw cash and will not work at ATMs.
How do I Activate my NSW Regional Seniorscard?
Call Card Services on 1800 569 070 and follow the prompts. You will not need to speak to an operator to activate your card.
Enrol your card via the home page on this website – http://nswregionalseniors.cards. Once you’re enrolled, select the ‘Activate’ button and follow the prompts.
You must activate your card within 45 days of the date shown on your card letter. If your card is not activated within 45 days, your card will be cancelled.
If your card is not activated within 45 days, your card will be cancelled. We will contact you within 45 days of the date shown on your card letter, via email or text (if you have provided these contact details) to remind you to activate your card.
If your card is cancelled, you may be able to request a replacement card. If you have not activated your card prior to 1 February 2022 and your card is cancelled, you will be unable to receive a replacement card.
Where can I use my card?
You can use your card for:
• pre-booked NSW TrainLink Regional train and coach services
• taxi trips
• fuel at service stations, convenience stores or mixed businesses that operate with a fuel merchant category code
• fuel for someone else’s vehicle to support your transport needs
• Opal card payments
• privately-operated coaches
• selected community transport services
You need to confirm that your card will be accepted by the retailer or service provider before you use it.
How do I enrol my card for online services?
Instructions on how to register your card online are provided on the brochure “Get Started with your regional seniors travel card delivered with your PIN Mailer. You can also find instructions on the SNSW website at
Registering your card is not mandatory, but provides you with another way to manage your card.
Please ensure you have the following information available to register your card.
• 16 digit card number found on the front of the card
• 3 digit CVV number found on the back of your card
• your full name as it appears on the front of the card
• your birth date in the format mm/dd/yyyy (Please note that the date would need to be entered in the American format.)
• preferred username consisting of at least 6 characters. (Even if you have an existing online account for your current card, you will need to create a new username for this new card.)
• password of between 8 to 20 characters. Your password needs to include one special character (e.g. !, @, #, $, %, *), one number and one lower case character.
• Email address and phone number (Please note, the number would need to be entered with no spaces between numbers.)
For security purposes, you will be required to select 4 security questions. Please take note of your answers for future use of online Card Services.