The Education Ministry has announced that it has cancelled the CBSE Class 10th and 12th Board exams. “Government of India has decided to cancel the Class 12 CBSE Board Exams. After extensive consultations, we have taken a decision that is student-friendly, one that safeguards the health as well as future of our youth,” the Prime Minister announced. In the same line, ICSE and some other state boards have announced the cancellation of their board exams. Thus, NEET 2021 aspirants have also asked the ministry to postpone the medical entrance.
Some students are also asking the government to vaccinate all the candidates who are to appear for the NEET UG 2021 exam before its conduction to reduce the risk of contracting the disease while appearing at the examination centre. The central government will soon take the final call for the dates of the NEET 2021 exam as they have already announced the Class 12 board exams 2021 postponement.
If board exams are not being conducted in July-August, how can JEE and NEET exams be conducted in July-August ?
— HemaMeghana Reddy (@Hemameghana_) June 2, 2021
— Prince Fayaz (@PrinceF70424641) June 1, 2021
- NTA NEET UG 2021 entrance exam is likely to be held in September. In a meeting held on March 23 by Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, CBSE suggested that the Board exams may be conducted between July and August. Hence, there is a possibility that NEET will be held in September. The exam will be conducted once via offline mode. The application process is expected to start in the first week of July.
- NEET 2021 will be conducted once. NTA Director-General Vineet Joshi clarified this on March 10, 2021. Earlier, the Union Health Ministry on February 8, 2021, had given its nod to conduct the exam twice but due to other exam priorities, the decision was stalled.
- On March 2, 2021, Secretary, Higher Education, Amit Khare said that the NEET 2021 exam pattern will have no changes, as reported by media portals. “Any changes in the exam with such short notice will be unfair to the candidates preparing for NEET-UG 2021 and any further delay in the entrance test will affect the next session,” Khare said.
- NTA also gave clarification on NEET 2021 syllabus, the authority already said that there will be no change or reduction in the syllabus of the NEET 2021 exam. However, this year, due to the syllabus cuts made by CBSE and state boards, NTA would be offering internal choice to students to cover the reduced syllabus.
- Like last year, NEET 2021 exam will also be conducted in 11 languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Oriya, Assamese, Kannada, and Telugu. Candidates can select their choice of language at the time of filling the NEET 2021 application form.
About NEET 2021
NEET is considered one of the toughest entrance examinations all over the country. It is a national level examination for 12th pass out students to join the medical field. Last year also there was a continuous delay in the conduct of examinations due to the Covid-19 pandemic in the country. This year, NTA announced the exam date in March-mid but the registrations have still not begun. NTA has announced that it will accept NEET application in online format only. For the August exam, the form ought to have opened on the official website of NEET in the April-May timeline. Thus, with the registration form still unavailable, there is hope that the education ministry might announce a student-favourable decision.
Last year, the exam was held on September 13 after being postponed twice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A total of 7,71,500 candidates had qualified for the exam, for which over 13.66 lakh appeared. The test happened in eleven languages i.e. English, Urdu, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Odia, Marathi, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, and Telugu.